Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aray88 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2013, 09:52 PM
    31 weeks pregnant sick or bh or preterm labor?
    I am 31 weeks pregnant and experiencing nausea, dull low back pain, sharp low abdominal pain, and what I think could possibly be contractions. My belly tightens all over but is not really painful. They come and go but I have not noticed a pattern yet. More than 5 times in an hour though. Baby has been very active throughout. Do I need to go get checked or am I just accommodating a growing baby?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 10:10 PM
    As a L&D nurse I recommend you to take 2 tylenol, drink 3 8 ounce glasses of water and take a warm bath. If you are stillhl urging an hour later it would be wise for you to go to the hospital you are scheduled to deliver at for an assessment.
    marq123 Posts: 47, Reputation: 5

Jan 30, 2013, 02:20 AM
    When I was pregnant I worked in a clinic right across from the hospital and at 28 weeks pregnant I started feeling the same symptoms you are experiencing. You should do as J_9 advised you to do but go to your doctor and let them know what you are experiencing, When I did this they put the strip around my stomach and measured how many contractions I was having. They did this every week as my contractions were all mild however very close to each other. I was sent to the hospital over night almost every week because of dehydration and I was put on bed rest until delivery. You MUST drink water on the regular because dehydration can cause contractions. I ended up delivering about 5 weeks early but you have got to communicate with your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

23 weeks preterm labor? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 23 weeks with my second child, my first was born 7 weeks early due to pre-eclampsia, I am diabetic, have seizures, hypothyroidism, angina with a heart blockage and have been having contractions on and off for 5 days, am now having vaginal pressure back pressure and nausea but no contractions...

Preterm labor? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 29 Weeks, 1.5 cm dilated, 70% effaced at a 2 station after being in the hospital for a couple day with magnesium to slow contractions... How long can I stay like this before giving birth on average... would like to go to 32 Weeks and was put on lite duty but kind of clueless of what to expect...

31 weeks pregnant with 3rd baby and worried about preterm labor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am 31 weeks pregnant with my 3rd little boy :) My first son was born prematurely at 35 weeks because of preeclampsia, and my second son was a healthy 9 pounder at 37 weeks. With this pregnancy, at 29 weeks I went to the labor and delivery unit because I had a stomach bug that brought on...

Preterm labor [ 1 Answers ]

I am 28 weeks pregnant and I am very emotional stressed out to where I cry about everything and I am very tired exhausted because I am in college and I am having problems with my baby daddy so can stress cause me to go in preterm labor

Is it preterm labor [ 1 Answers ]

I;m 25 weeks pregnant and have partial placentia previa which has been conformed at my last two ultrasounds, now tonight I think I'm having some contractions. My belly gets so hard and uncomfortable when I stand or sit, my back is hurting in the lower half and I'm having pressure in the vaginal...

View more questions Search