Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VHDude78 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2013, 08:18 PM
    She Said She Wasn't Ready.. Should I Contact Her Soon Or Wait?
    I met a girl online about a month ago. We went on a date after week of talking. It went pretty well but was a little awkward. She dropped hints about wanting a relationship and said she had problems opening up to people. I thought.. red flag.. but I was going to give her chance. She thanked me for being a gentleman that night. We couldn't go out the weekend of the holidays. I dropped by her place and gave her a Christmas Card and some cookies on Christmas Eve. She loved it and gave me a card as well. The second date came around on SUnday(30th). I went very well. We saw a movie and went bowling. The entire time during the movie she played with her hair and whenever I would look at her in the eye she would bite her lip. All of the I like you body lango. We had a good time bowling.. flirted a little. She even demanded to pay for our bowling. I tried stopping her but she kept insisting. "You paid for everything the first time..you paid for the movie..I want to pay now." I thought that was awesome. When I walked her back to her car I opened up her car door and gave her a hug and kissed her on the forehead. Before I knew it she moved in on me and we were making out. It was PASSIONATE. She rubbed my chest a little. I was shocked.. I didn't expect that out of her. I told her she looked beautiful and told her goodnight.

Three days passed and she ignored two of my text messages. I knew something was up. Last week I asked her if something was bothering her and that I cared for her feelings. She sent me a text later on in the evening and thanked me for taking her out and that she had a great time. She said she was so sorry but wasn't ready to date. She was previously engaged and her ex hurt her really bad. She thought she was ready but she realized she wasn't. She kept apologizing and said that she hoped I didn't hate her for dragging me into things. She still hoped to hear from me. I told her it was okay.. if that's how she felt.. that's how she felt. I told her that I was fine and that I sensed she was hurt in the past (She always acted shy reserved.. a little wishy washy) I told her I didn't want to ask until she was ready. She didn't respond. I care for her. I'm thinking maybe it was an easy let me down.. but I have a feeling she just has issues with her past and got scared when things were heating up with us. I want to initiate contact with her so I still stay in the picture. It's obvious that she does like me.I have a hard time letting her go. She's a nice, caring, sweet girl.I want to be her friend and tell her I'll be there for her to help her through this.. but I'm afraid I'll get friend zoned. Should I text her in a couple of days or wait a few more weeks?

Jan 10, 2013, 08:21 PM
    It's been over a week since we've talked**
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 08:21 PM
    Could the two of you date but with hands off each other? Just go out and have fun? Become good friends (for now)?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 08:29 PM
    I'd text her and tell her you just want to be friends. I have a feeling that as soon as you mention you want to friend zone her, she'll text you, if not to be your friend, then to get you interested in her again. That's how most girls are, and I'm female, so I'd know. ;)

Jan 15, 2013, 05:27 PM
    Almost two weeks passed and I sent her a text on Sunday. We started talking about like nothing ever happened. Just casual chit chat.. a few text messages a day. I'm thinking about going to a concert in a few weeks and I'd like to bring her along. So that way we can start things over and can build trust with me. Should I ask her if she wants to go within the next few days or wait a couple of weeks? Then again.. I don't want to seem like I'm playing games and having mindless chatter. I'm just a little hesitant because I want to respect her space.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wait for a girl when she's not ready? [ 0 Answers ]

I met this girl at a dating site, and found out that we both live in the same city. I found out she has a child and she found out I also have children. Eventually both of us had a connection and we wanted to meet each other. After week we were intimate with each other, physically and emotionally....

Should I wait for a girl until she ready [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, need some advice please. I am 19 years old and I am seeing this girl I know for about 2 years. We have started dating and getting to know each other is improving this has been going on 4 months now and know our goals what we want in life. We both have agreed to travel together next year...

He says we are moving forward, but he's not ready for a relationship. Should I wait? [ 5 Answers ]

He says we are moving forward to more than friends. He's been hurt by his last two relationships, so he is not ready for one. I like him a lot, and this would be my first relationship. Should I wait for him to be ready or move on to bigger and better things?

The girl I like wants me to wait for her until she is ready for a relationship [ 3 Answers ]

There's this girl that I really like, I'm really picky on who I like now, I have been through a lot of bad, stressful relationships with the wrong girl before. I'm a sophomore in high school and this girl that I met freshman year is the most amazing girl I have ever met, I trust her with...

She said she wasn't ready again [ 11 Answers ]

I dated a girl for about 6 months then we broke up because her dad said she wasn't mature enough so now we are really good friends and tell each other everything its basically a relationship but she said she was ready for one again and I asked her out she said yes bla blah blah the day after she...

View more questions Search