Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 05:06 PM
    Do you meet with a counselor to talk about stuff?
    InternalFire Posts: 100, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2013, 05:10 PM
    Had a family dog who died of cancer
    But I love dance .technology.helping people.etc

Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Why don't we try another direction. What brings joy to your life? What do you enjoy doing?

For me it's time with my animals. I have a small zoo in my house. They're always so calm, they never judge, and when I'm having a bad day, they're always there for me. Do you have any pets?

Jan 10, 2013, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Do you meet with a counselor to talk about stuff?
    Not able to see her till 23 rd she's booked up till then

Jan 10, 2013, 05:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by InternalFire View Post
    not able to see her till 23 rd shes booked up till then
    She would be third therapist trying out an still getting used to how threads appear on here so bear with me lol
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 05:12 PM
    not able to see her till 23 rd shes booked up till then
    Well, you can talk with us here. Alty is very smart and experienced with helping people, and am old and wise and a counselor. :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 05:13 PM
    well I did not log out the website did. But anyway I have prozac for anti but stopped working so I stopped taking it an meds don't work for me only liquid an natural do and I could have a friend to talk to but they are very busy an I'm also busy not now but with helping a friend an she went to er for mh
    And exercise an movies eating now so will dance
    So its an od I expect?
    I'm sure your friends would make time for you if you asked them to. I know I would if a friend needed me. Heck, I don't know you, but I'm making time for you. :)

Exercise is a great way to lower depression, so why not combine dancing with exercise? I bought a Wii for my kids, and a game that's called Just dance 4. You have to do the dance moves shown on the screen. It's not as easy as I thought it would be, but I'm actually pretty good at it, and it always makes me feel great afterwards. Can you do something like that?

How about calling up a friend and going to a movie together?

As for the Ativan. Well, from what I've read, no, you wouldn't OD. You'd be very sick for a few days, you'd end up likely getting your stomach pumped, and you'd probably be placed in the mental ward, because they'll know what you were trying to do. In other words, you'll be worse off than you are now.

Did you take the pills? Can you do me a favor? If you haven't taken them, put them away. Put them in a drawer in another room. Let's focus on getting through tonight. You're talking, your responding to what we're saying. Wouldn't it be better to focus on a solution, and not focus on ending things?

I for one would like you to continue being on this Earth. Now that I've gotten to talk to you, I would be very upset if I didn't get the chance to know you better.
    Pets Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 05:17 PM
    had a family dog who died of cancer
    But I love dance .technology.helping people.etc
    I'm sorry about your dog. I lost my 16 year old lab over a year ago, and then 5 months later my 10 year old border collie got sick and passed away. It's very hard, they become family don't they?

So, do you have a Wii, and Just Dance 4? I think that we could even play together online (my son would have to teach me how to do that). I'm sure you'd be much better at it than I am, but if you promise not to laugh, I can clear out my family room and we can try that tomorrow. Of course that would mean that you'd still have to be here tomorrow. :)

Jan 10, 2013, 05:17 PM
    Well, you can talk with us here. Alty is very smart and experienced with helping people, and am old and wise and a counselor. :)
    Who's a counsenslor? Huh
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 05:19 PM
    whos a counsenslor? huh
    I am. And a retired librarian too, in case you need a book to read.
    Pets Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 05:24 PM
    whos a counsenslor? huh
    Not me. I'm just a 42 year old mother of two with more pets than most. :)

I work in retail, I live in Canada where it's very cold at the moment. But, I have had experience with depression, and even though I don't know exactly what you're going through, because no two people are the same, I have fought my own battles and I am willing to listen, and help you through this the best I can.

But let's get back to talking.

What's your favorite movie?

Jan 10, 2013, 05:25 PM
    Responding via phone so bear with me on that buuttt anyway I don't have wii my sis an her husband do and two friends of mine have said you wouldn't go through but they don't relalize if I'm set on something I will go through also they make me want to prove ill do it have plans

An I gave myself a first degree burn on my right thigh still a little pink now but put disenfectaint on burn to
    Burn from hair dryer was going to finish off with heat wrap but couldn't find it an no have not taken pills but possibly might take six then hr later nother 6 an etc

I'm sorry about your dog. I lost my 16 year old lab over a year ago, and then 5 months later my 10 year old border collie got sick and passed away. It's very hard, they become family don't they?

So, do you have a Wii, and Just Dance 4? I think that we could even play together online (my son would have to teach me how to do that). I'm sure you'd be much better at it than I am, but if you promise not to laugh, I can clear out my family room and we can try that tomorrow. Of course that would mean that you'd still have to be here tomorrow. :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 05:33 PM
    Forget taking those large amounts of Ativan. They'll just make you very dizzy and your stomach will probably reject them and you will throw up and feel worse than you do now. You'd be better off taking them how they are supposed to be taken (one a day?) and meanwhile, talk to us.

Jan 10, 2013, 05:41 PM
    I'm in mn by the way USA

Forget taking those large amounts of Ativan. They'll just make you very dizzy and your stomach will probably reject them and you will throw up and feel worse than you do now. You'd be better off taking them how they are supposed to be taken (one a day?) and meanwhile, talk to us.
    Pets Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 05:44 PM
    responding via phone so bear with me on that buuttt anyway I don't have wii my sis an her husband do and two friends of mine have said you wouldn't go through but they don't relalize if I'm set on something I will go through also they make me want to prove ill do it have plans
    I want you to read what you wrote above. Your friends said you wouldn't get through the game on Wii, but when you're set on something, you get through it, because you're determined to prove them wrong.

So, why not get determined to get through what you're going through right now? You have the fight in you. You have what it takes to beat it, and to figure things out. Think of it as a dare. I dare you not to take those pills. I dare you to find a way to beat this. I dare you to fight for yourself.

If there's anything worth fighting for it's you. So fight for you! I have no doubt that you can do it, you just have to put your mind to it.

I've been where you are now, and I didn't let it beat me. It wasn't easy, not by any means. I still remember how I felt, so alone, so desolate, so ready for it all to just be over. I won't lie and say it was a piece of cake, it wasn't, it was the hardest thing I've ever done. But I fought back. Boy was that a fight. It took a lot out of me. But I fought and I won. I'm here today because I wouldn't give up. I expect you to fight for yourself. You're worth fighting for, aren't you? I think you are.

Jan 10, 2013, 05:53 PM
    No they said won't go through suicide attempt but can't not set my mind to fight I give up

I want you to read what you wrote above. Your friends said you wouldn't get through the game on Wii, but when you're set on something, you get through it, because you're determined to prove them wrong.

So, why not get determined to get through what you're going through right now? You have the fight in you. You have what it takes to beat it, and to figure things out. Think of it as a dare. I dare you not to take those pills. I dare you to find a way to beat this. I dare you to fight for yourself.

If there's anything worth fighting for it's you. So fight for you! I have no doubt that you can do it, you just have to put your mind to it.

I've been where you are now, and I didn't let it beat me. It wasn't easy, not by any means. I still remember how I felt, so alone, so desolate, so ready for it all to just be over. I won't lie and say it was a piece of cake, it wasn't, it was the hardest thing I've ever done. But I fought back. Boy was that a fight. It took a lot out of me. But I fought and I won. I'm here today because I wouldn't give up. I expect you to fight for yourself. You're worth fighting for, aren't you? I think you are.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 06:00 PM
    What are three good things in your life?
    Pets Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 06:00 PM
    no they said won't go through suicide attempt but can't not set my mind to fight I give up
    Giving up is easy.

Sweetie, do you care about your parents? I know that they can be harsh, and they give you grief, but do you care about them? Do you love them?

Do you love your friends?

Put yourself in their shoes. How do you think they'd feel if you ended your life? How would you feel if one of them decided on suicide?

You mentioned God before, you said that God must have sent me. Well, do you think that God gave you this life so that you could end it?

He gave you hardships because he knew you could handle them. He gave you mountains to climb, rivers to cross, because he had faith in you. God gave you this life, is it right for you to say that you don't want it?

Once it's done, that's it. There's no saying "oops, I made a mistake, I want to take it back", when you decide to end things. There's no do over.

Do one thing for me. Give it a week. Surely you can stand another week. During that week I want you to post here every day. I'm going to ask you to do a few things for me. I'm also going to expect an update every day. So, can you give me one week? Just 7 days. Seven days is nothing.

Will you do that for me? Seven days. Let's see if we can change things. At least give me a chance to help. Deal?

Jan 10, 2013, 06:05 PM
    What are three good things in your life?
    Umm having family also love to help and I've been told I'm the most sweetest sincere honest person
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 06:08 PM
    What do you help with?
    Pets Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 06:10 PM
    umm having family also love to help and iv been told im the most sweetest sincere honest person
    So your family is important to you? That's good. :)

You mentioned a sister. Are you close to her?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are Ativan & Xanax in the same family? [ 1 Answers ]

I take xanax 1mg I have taken a few ativan hoe long will they stay in my system

Ativan [ 1 Answers ]

How long does ativan stay in your system or generic of it ?

View more questions Search