Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jesslynn22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2013, 10:23 AM
    5.4 weeks pregnant saw a gestational sac but nothing else
    I went for an early ultrasound 5.4 weeks pregnant due to some brown spotting. I got both the transvanigal and stomach ultrasounds and all they saw was gestational sac and possible beginning of yolk sac. Is this normal?
    dore0021 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2013, 11:11 AM
    It is VERY rare to see the baby before 6 weeks.
    Week 4 you will most likely just have a thick endo with no gest sac, some see a very small sac late in week 4. Week 5 you see the gestational sac and also the yolk sac at about 5 and a half weeks. Very rare to see a fetal pole (baby) at even 5 weeks 6 days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When does gestational sac form [ 19 Answers ]

I had intercourse a week ago, can an ultrasound already show the sac in my uterus or is it to early. Would it even show pregnancy. I had an ultrasound and it showed a sac already/

Questionable viability of gestational sac [ 1 Answers ]

I had a transvaginal ultrasound after I experienced bleeding three days ago. I am five weeks pregnant. The result said, "questionable viability of gestational sac." I also experience pain in my lower back, and stabbing pain in my right lower abdomen. Am I having a troubled pregnancy? What do I need...

Gestational sac with no fetal pole [ 2 Answers ]

My question is about a gestational and yolk sac with no fetal pole. I am about 4 weeks pregnant. My hcg level was at 7,000. Ive had 2 ultrasounds because they thought with the first one I had an ectopic pregnancy, she could only see the yolk sac. But that was ruled out. My question is, when should...

View more questions Search