Ask
    robsrocks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2013, 02:53 AM
    Storm door swings wrong way
    My storm door I just got swings in I need it to swing out
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2013, 05:11 AM
    Have never seen an inswing storm door.What would be the purpose? Are you sure you don't have the door turned around? Hinge goes on the outside.
    wallykap Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2013, 05:38 PM
    Take it back and get a right or left handed door... they sell TWO(2) different styles
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2013, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wallykap View Post
    take it back and get a right or left handed door...they sell TWO(2) different styles
    I agree about right and left but who would make an inswing storm door? You could never open it if the inside door was closed!!

Jan 11, 2013, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    I agree about right and left but who would make an inswing storm door? You could never open it if the inside door was closed!!!
    If you buy the wrong side (right or left) and he wants the handle to be on right... one door is proper but the other one will have to "open" in which is impossible

Walt (50 years handyman)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 11:28 AM
    OP wants the door to open inward, not outward. He isn't asking about a left opening or right opening door.

If the main door opens in, how could the storm door also open in?
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wallykap View Post
    if you buy the wrong side (right or left) and he wants the handle to be on right ... one door is proper but the other one will have to "open" in which is impossible

walt (50 years handyman)
    Walt, yes, regular doors open in or out. Storm doors are outside mounted on the brick mold or casing. Please tell me how it can open in, it can't get past the stop. Whether the handles on the right or left, the storm door opens out to access the inside door. In my 50+ yrs of building, I have never seen an inswing STORM door that was mounted with an exterior door. I still think they have the door turned around with the hinge on the inside.
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    OP wants the door to open inward, not outward. He isn't asking about a left opening or right opening door.

If the main door opens in, how could the storm door also open in?
    He said he HAS an inswing storm door??
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 11:51 AM
    I am well aware of what he said. I question what he actually means.

So you've seen storm doors that swing in, on top of the main door?

I suspect he misunderstands the mounting instructions or the left-hand, right-hand door mounting.

By the way, I was agreeing with you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 11, 2013, 11:59 AM
    I have a feeling that he's still looking at it in it's frame, uninstalled... until he replies...

Jan 11, 2013, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Walt, yes, regular doors open in or out. Storm doors are outside mounted on the brick mold or casing. Please tell me how it can open in, it can't get past the stop. Whether the handles on the right or left, the storm door opens out to access the inside door. In my 50+ yrs of building, I have never seen an inswing STORM door that was mounted with an exterior door. I still think they have the door turned around with the hinge on the inside.
    What part of IMPOSSIBLE don' t you understand
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 04:23 PM
    "So you've seen storm doors that swing in, on top of the main door?" Never, nada! That's what I've been saying all along, doesn't happen.
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 07:14 PM
    Well, apparently it does happen wherever someone lives, someone believes you can purchase storm doors that swing in.

You open this door in and this door on top of it and then squeeze out.

Or something.

By the way, I got a reddie for this same information - apparently a newcomer does believe a person can purchase a storm door which swings in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accident in NJ; getting out of car in parking lot; other vehicle swings hits door [ 3 Answers ]

I was parked in a mall parking lot and opened my car door to get. A car came swinging into the spot next to me and hit my door as I was getting out. This was in NJ. Who is at fault? I was legally parked.

Retrofitting a storm door [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a pella full glass storm door knowing that it would be too short for my opening(older house)... they wanted double the price for a custom door... I thought I could retrofit it with the adjustable sweep and a little creative carpentry ,but we`re talking 3 or 4 inches... and I`m not a...

My storm door opens in? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a breezeway that has just an old aluminum storm door with jalousie windows. The panes are beginning to fall out, the door isn't worth repairing any longer. I've already installed an after market deadbolt and made other repairs. Can the storm doors sold at home improvement stores be installed...

How can I reverse the opening of my storm door [ 7 Answers ]

I bought an old house with a 35" aluminum storm door on the front. It is mounted with the handle opposite the inner door handle. The door is in need of a replacement window, but otherwise, in good condition. I'd like to reverse the opening, to match the inner door and make the door bell and...

Millikin Door Kit needed in order to install storm door [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have a Milliken (may be mis-spelled) exterior door with two side light panels on both sides. I have purchased a Larson Storm Door for the front door. There is not enough depth between the two doors when measuring them - therefore I need to build the front door frame out. I need to know...

View more questions Search