Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bluemini Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2013, 10:26 PM
    Looking for my mother
    Hi, I am trying looking for help to find my mother. I've searched the internet and all the sites I can think of that might be af use, but I'm not getting any where and it's taken me 2 years so far.

I found out 2 years ago that the woman I thought was my mother was not, and that my real mother was French and left whan I was very young, possibly going back to France. I have her maiden name, and her daughters name and rough ages for both, along with an old corrispondance address in France. I do not know whether her daughter was my real sister or half sister - my father will not talk about it. It seems the rest of the family knew but were sworn to secrecy. I have asked them all for info but they either do not know or can't remember as it was 35 years ago.

And to make matters harder, her maiden name is a common name in France like Smith is in the England, but by now I would imagine both her and her daughter are married with different surnames anyway. After looking at the birth deaths and marriages database, it does not appear that my father and her were married.

Anyway, I know she isn't getting any younger and time is slowly ticking by so I would like to try and make progress while I still can.

I have some information, but I don't know if I have enough, and to make matters harder I also live in a different country now too.

Somebody please help...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 11:07 PM
    And what country are you from ? England ?

But really short of hiring a PI, or getting your father to talk there is little hope about it.
    Bluemini Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2013, 09:49 PM
    Yes, sorry England.

I was hoping not to have to get a PI as I can't afford it, and as for getting my father to talk - I've tried lots of times!

There must be a way to find someone, especially if they had a child?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother has alzheimers and she lives with my step father, can I take my mother away [ 2 Answers ]

My mother has Alzheimers and lives with my Step Father, He is 87 and growing frailer by the day, He can no longer take care of Her. He refuses to go into assisted living or to let Her go. Do I have the right to go in and force the issue for both of them or just take my Mother?

Father Asks mother for child support when mother has no money [ 2 Answers ]

My mother got re-married and had my little brother with this man. He is now 10, I'm 15 and my sister is 17. (Our father pays child support but not on a regular basis, you can't depend on it) About 3 years ago they separated and got a divorce. We had custody of him. Then my brothers father filed...

View more questions Search