Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deliberating32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2013, 10:08 AM
    Who can I talk to about relationships
    Utter in a loss about what to do...

My boyfriend (of 4 years) asked me to marry him in Nov 2011 and since then everything has been turned upside down.

2012 was my future parent in law 60th's and they wanted a part (a wedding style party) to celebrate. This was fine but they then said no to us having any dates around it - family inconvienience and would affect their party. This obvoiously caused upset. A month later my furture brother in law got engaged and they announced they would marry on a date just 7 away from one of the days which were disallowed for us.

This is now all in the past but we are now 15 months on and no wedding - not even a date. My boyfriend shys away and sems to put his head in the sand. I am 32 and am getting to the stage that a want to get on with my life. This is causing me upset and I am distancing myself from everyone - am I the only one that wants to marry?

I feel alone and don't know who to talk to.

Please help! I need advice xxx
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 10:18 AM
    What might prevent a wedding date to be set now that it is 2013?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 9, 2013, 10:19 AM
    Since when does the groom's family make such decisions? Who is paying for the wedding?
    If they are... I guess you bite your tongue and wait. If your parents are, you put your foot down with your fiancé, not his parents. If you and your fiancé are paying because you are old enough to do so, then you tell him that you and he need to have a long serious talk about priorities. If it doesn't work, you have to decide whether to break the engagement, despite being 32 (which isn't as old as you seem to think). There's no point in whining and demanding and begging and trying to be rational if someone is hiding his head in the sand (not saying you have been). Feel free to tell him it hurts that he isn't eager to get married within the usual year, and that perhaps he is looking for a way out. Yes, it's calling his bluff, but the alternatives are to leave or wait.
    mark25624 Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jan 9, 2013, 12:17 PM
    I agree with it!
    That simple!!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 02:06 PM
    If the grooms parents can't stop interfering, don't give them a choice. Elope in Vegas, or a location of your choosing, and get on with your lives. Obviously his parents don't seem to care if you have a wedding or not, so just do it your way, when you want, and don't include them, just like they didn't include you in their anniversary party.
    mark25624 Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jan 9, 2013, 03:22 PM
    Or 1 better!
    Get married where you want!
    Then have a party where you want and invite yours and his friends and in Gen. Family.
    If his parents do show up.
    Do not bring it up to them.
    Like nothing happened!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Talk to someone about relationships [ 1 Answers ]

There is a girl I haven't seen in 3to4 years but I'm still madly in love with them and I can't talk to her because she lives far away I have her on face book and I really need her to go out with me because I love her so much!! Please awncer this pleese

Need someone to talk to about relationships [ 4 Answers ]

Well there's this boy and we've know each other are whole lifes , since we were little . And I've started to grow feelings for him and then they finally grew so strong I started to love him my first love at that . And me and him are super close been that way for ever , but see we kind of like...

I Need to Talk to Someone about Relationships [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 9 months finished it two weeks ago, which made me heart broken. He says he doesn't know if he could love again, as he was hurt before so was I. The first week he rang and text me. Then on the Monday he was seen with his ex. Then on Saturday night I was out with friends in my local...

Need someone to talk to about relationships? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, this guy and me just recently admitted to each other (12/17/11) that we liked each other, and all night and the next 2-3 days we texted a lot, and with good conversations. Then on (12/20/11) we had our first kiss and then ever since that he's been sort of distant. Then the following Friday...

I Need to Talk to Someone about Relationships? [ 7 Answers ]

I have been in secret relationship for five years now I am 23 years old and the male is twice my age. The reason we are dating secretly is he is a family friend and no one will understand what we have got as it all started me chasing him as someone to escape to. I know the male I am dating will...

View more questions Search