Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    em11jb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2013, 07:28 AM
    I'm 13 crushing on a 21 year old
    So Im going to be 14 in a few months and he's turning 22. I keep thinking that this is a problem and that people will start criticizing me for this and that I'm too young for this. But I'm actually too mature for my age and I think beyond the limits. We don't really know each other and I'm too scared to talk to him and that he finds out that I'm 13 and ditch me. I don't talk to anyone about this because it's really personal. Another thing is that he is in another country so that makes it even harder. So my question is: Is it bad? Is this wrong to do? What should I do?
    By the way, I keep thinking that this won't work but every time I think that, my feelings get deeper so telling me to forget him isn't an answer I'm seeking.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 9, 2013, 07:36 AM
    Crushes are part of growing up and natural.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 10:03 AM
    Crushes are normal and this guy is way too old for you but. Because you are in different countries nothing will ever come of it, but you need to be honest and let him know he is chatting with a child. Although he may know it and is just creepy. Do not send him pictures or anything like that.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 10:08 AM
    Is this someone you have been communicating with on the Internet? Is so, these relationships can become pretty intense, confusing and not healthy.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2013, 10:13 AM
    Another thing is that he is in another country so that makes it even harder.
    As mentioned above, is this an internet "romance"? It's time to learn to be very careful of perceived personas of people you have never met in person. You need to know that it's very easy for someone to pretend to be someone they are not overt he internet.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 10:24 AM
    I agree with both tickle and NeedKarma. This whole thing can become a real unhealthy mess. Let this guy know how old you are. And if he continues to chat with you, that is a sign that this is not a good thing and you need to stop communicating with him.
    Thirdtime Posts: 73, Reputation: 5

Jan 13, 2013, 06:37 PM
    What makes you think you are too mature?Is it because you can dream beyond YOUR young limits? You don't know your limits... because limitations can only be assed when abilities and strength and understanding are fully grown inwardly together with your achievements academically to guarantee proper career for the future! This can make you foresee or predict your future and very much make you see your limits!

In the meantime... you are just a young girl who thinks she can handle sex! To test your personel character and skills so to speak of too mature try go out and date a boy in person. Test your confidence level because its is very different talking to a mirror then to the actual.
    So stay away from him and concentrate on your career to quarentee you your future and relationships you may want.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2013, 08:57 PM
    First this would never work in real life, and a man that old would have no interest in a child.
    And if he did, he would be a pedophile.

But it is not wrong to have a crush, that is part of growing up, you just have to understand that , it will never be more than that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend is crushing my spirit [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - I'm a 32 year old woman with a major friendship headache. I'm really hoping for some objective and honest advice. I'll be as honest as I can and would appreciate the same in return. :) My friend, also 32 and female, has been causing me a lot of heartache now for the best part of 3 years. We...

CRUSHING on the wrong guy. [ 6 Answers ]

OK, so I have a very peculiar dilemma that I'm hoping you guys can help me with. There is this guy in school that I used to really, really like, but I didn't know how to get to know him an get closer to him and stuff. But I was kind of friends with his best friend. So then we devised a deilish...

Why does everyone seem to be emotionally crushing me? [ 3 Answers ]

Im a 19 year old girl, who born with a cleft lip and palate has been through tough operations and a lot of bullying about it throughout school. I also had weight issues and have been somewhat overweight for most of my life. Two years ago, I was sexually abused by my father, which destroyed me as...

View more questions Search