Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geoffreyclive Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2013, 07:14 AM
    Law on gift to someone and can I claim them back
    Had a relationship with a lady on and off for about twelve months,she brought me several gifts and also helped me do some inprovements to a house I lived in,we split two years ago and I no longer live in the house,on no occation when she gave me the gifts and work done on the house did she say I had to give her anything back,she even gave me the recipts and garentees for the gifts.now she is demandng money off me saying I owe her for the money she spent on the house,this is after two years since we split what is my legal standing on this
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 9, 2013, 07:29 AM
    The burden is on her to take you to court, and without something signed by you saying you would pay her back, 90% of Small Claims judges will rule in your favor. Judges there act quickly and do make a small amount of arbitrary decisions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreign gift tax law [ 3 Answers ]

If the foreign donor gives 50K twice in separate tax years, then the donee doesn't have to report to IRS, right?

Can a big gift be taken back [ 5 Answers ]

My mother bought us a caravan £10,000 as a gift, however she has now landed up with dementia and is asking for her caravan back. This is very worring as we enjoy our caravan and its great for taking our disabled son on trips. Do we have to give it back?

Can you donate to a minister and claim it as a charitable gift? [ 1 Answers ]

If one cannot donate to an individual and claim it as a charitable gift, can one donate to the church organization and designate the gift as support to the minister's family?

Claim Father in law - when he owes back taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

My father in law lives with us, and has now for almost 6 months. He is a war vet and doesn't work. He is not on disability, but does get V.A. Benefits. He does owe a large amount of money for years of back taxes. Is it wise to claim him as a dependent on our joint return? Will the govt come...

It was a gift now he wants me to take it back [ 9 Answers ]

I met his guy online who has a good bit of money, didn't know it at first. We never met in person and one day when I stopped emailing him because my computer was out he kept INSISTING that he buy me a macbook, he even arranged the place and talked to the manager about making sure I got any extra...

View more questions Search