Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maris Black Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2013, 06:40 AM
    Can I trust the ultrasound as it regards paternity and gestation age.
    Hi. I had sex with 2 different partners about 3 weeks apart. Intercourse with the first was ended on August 4th. I started and continued having with the second about 2 to three weeks later on a frequent basis afterwards. I found out I was pregnant on October 15th and had an ultrasound report which stated that the fetus was less than six weeks. No visible yolk sac and no fetal pole. By my calculation that should mean that conception took place around September third. What is the possible margin of error and how certain can I be that guy#2 is the father. I cannot recall my last menstrual period. Though I did experience spotting around mid August.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 9, 2013, 06:43 AM
    Dating is all Best Guess I'm afraid.
    If there is any doubt over paternity then a DNA test would be the only sure route to take.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 06:46 AM
    The dating is normally give or take about two weeks.

So while this is slightly out of range, I would recommend a DNA test to be sure after the baby is born
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 06:46 AM
    As Ben has said, you will need to have a paternity test once the child is born.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can gestation pregnancy tell me when I conceived [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Any one help me My LMP was 22 April 2012 I had ic with a guy on 30 April, 7 may and 10 may 2012 I had ic with other guy on 12 may 2012 I tested and now I'm pregnant and I'm now 5 weeks as per scan Can any one tell me who was the father of my baby

Dog gestation period [ 1 Answers ]

How many days after the male dog gets into my ***** well she have her puppies

Privacy versus trust in the digital age [ 3 Answers ]

I first met my ex-fiancée when I transferred to the West Coast office. We worked next to each other and were friends for a year -- she became my closest friend in the city. After she quit to go to law school we began dating. I had long been single, had many female friends but very few previous...

Age limit on Paternity tests? [ 12 Answers ]

Is there a certain age, of the child, where you can no longer get a paternity test done for the courts to prove who the real father of the child is?

How to measure gestation [ 1 Answers ]

I know this is a weird question but I know everyone on here will try to help and not make me feel stupid, so here goes can anyone tell me if it is possale for me to measure my belly myself to see how big it is measuring. The reason why I ask is because I don't have a doctors appt till July 27,...

View more questions Search