Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    By by Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2013, 02:41 AM
    I Miss a month of my period could I be pregnant? Help!'
    Hi I'm 18 years old and I have missed my period for the month of December.. my last period was on November 23-29 an now it's juanuary 9 should I take a pregnancy ter already or what should I do this has happen before but it's being a while now that I have skipped a month. Me and my boyfriend had sex but he had pulled out like 2 times in time and the tiger times he has wear a codom other times is it possible that I can be pregnant.. any suggestion or comments I'm getting anxius to know if I can or not... :/
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 06:29 AM
    Pull out does not really work, since there is lots of sperm in the early fluids,
    Next condoms have a 3 to 10 percent failure rate.

If you are going to be active having sex, you need to be on birth control and use condoms.

So yes of course you could be pregnant, since you had sex with no protection at least twice and was only using condoms the other times.

So what is the due date of your last period ? How many days late are you.
    When you get 10 to 14 days late, you can test using the first urine of the morning when you wake up.

But at times you may also just miss a period, no way to know till you test

Jan 9, 2013, 01:17 PM
    But like I said before it had happen before that I skip a month... also I have been sleeping so late and I think that that could be a reason why it's being late could be? I have read that you never know that precum can get you pregnant :/ but are some chances you can.. and about sleeping late that can also count as changing schedules because now I go to sleep till 3-4am and wake up at 12pm... But now it's January and I have skip the month of December and it has happen before so I don't know if I should wait till this week passes by :/

Jan 9, 2013, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Pull out does not really work, since there is lots of sperm in the early fluids,
    Next condoms have a 3 to 10 percent failure rate.

If you are going to be active having sex, you need to be on birth control and use condoms.

So yes of course you could be pregnant, since you had sex with no protection at least twice and was only using condoms the other times.

So what is the due date of your last period ? how many days late are you.
    When you get 10 to 14 days late, you can test using the first urine of the morning when you wake up.

But at times you may also just miss a period, no way to know till you test
    But like I said before it had happen before that I skip a month... also I have been sleeping so late and I think that that could be a reason why it's being late could be? I have read that you never know that precum can get you pregnant :/ but are some chances you can.. and about sleeping late that can also count as changing schedules because now I go to sleep till 3-4am and wake up at 12pm... But now it's January and I have skip the month of December and it has happen before so I don't know if I should wait till this week
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 02:02 PM
    Take a pregnancy test using first morning urine. You can argue your case all you want, but the fact is that the chance of pregnancy is there, so it's time to take a test and find out.

If the test is negative, wait until your next scheduled period. If you miss it, test again or see a doctor for a blood test.

But yes, you could be pregnant.

Jan 9, 2013, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Take a pregnancy test using first morning urine. You can argue your case all you want, but the fact is that the chance of pregnancy is there, so it's time to take a test and find out.

If the test is negative, wait until your next scheduled period. If you miss it, test again or see a doctor for a blood test.

But yes, you could be pregnant.
    If I go buy a pregnancy test to do at home which one will you recommend me? To be sure if I am or not.. could it be accurate already because I have missed my period this past December? :/
    Pets Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 03:01 PM
    You stated that you're a month late. At one month late it's okay to take a test. Any test is fine, just make sure to follow the directions exactly, and use your first morning of the day to test.

If the test is negative, test again next month if you miss your period, or get a blood test done.

Jan 9, 2013, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    You stated that you're a month late. At one month late it's okay to take a test. Any test is fine, just make sure to follow the directions exactly, and use your first morning of the day to test.

If the test is negative, test again next month if you miss your period, or get a blood test done.
    So it doesn't matter brand or anything to find out if I'm really are or not? I've heard about the dollar stores pregnancy test and for me I don't think they will give me a good result if I go but one from Walgreens or some other store I want to find out ASAP and stop worrying about it :/
    Pets Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by By by View Post
    So it doesn't matter brand or anything to find out if I'm really are or not? I've heard about the dollar stores pregnancy test and for me I don't think they will give me a good result if I go but one from Walgreens or some other store I wanna find out ASAP and stop worrying about it :/
    All pregnancy tests test for the hcg hormone. Price and brand name really isn't a factor, and the dollar store tests are just as accurate as those that are found in other stores. But it's up to you.

Keep in mind that all tests also have a failure rate, mostly human error, but there can also be defective tests, even the high priced ones can be defective. A false negative is very common, but a false positive isn't. In other words, if you test and it's negative, wait until your next period is due and test again if you miss it. If it's positive, then you're pregnant. Using first morning urine is very important. Since your urine is more concentrated in the morning, there will be higher levels of the hcg hormone, making it easier for the test to detect. HCG is only produced during pregnancy.

Good luck.

Jan 9, 2013, 03:13 PM
    Thanks!

If it turns out positive is it possible that I could be having pregnancy symptoms already?
    Pets Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 03:32 PM
    Thanks!

If it turns out positive is it possible that I could be having pregnancy symptoms already?
    Yes, it's possible to have pregnancy symptoms when you're pregnant.

Jan 9, 2013, 03:39 PM
    Mmm okay then.. I'm going to buy a pregnancy test today so I can know tomorrow morning :(

Jan 10, 2013, 02:46 PM
    It was positive ;(
    Pets Expert

Jan 10, 2013, 03:53 PM
    It was positive ;(
    Then you're pregnant.

You'll need to start prenatal vitamins and book an appointment with your OB.

Jan 11, 2013, 10:48 AM
    Could I be having the early pregnancy symptoms like the cramping? I'm feeling those and they feel like I'm about to get my period because that's when I use to start getting my menstrual cramps...
    Pets Expert

Jan 11, 2013, 01:57 PM
    Could I be having the early pregnancy symptoms like the cramping? I'm feeling those and they feel like I'm about to get my period because that's when I use to start getting my menstrual cramps...
    Yes, that's normal. For all three of my pregnancy's I had cramping around the time I was supposed to get my period. My period never came because I was pregnant.

This is perfectly normal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My period was early last month and this month lasted 3 Days! Could I be pregnant? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I'm a mom of a 3yr old. When pregnant with my son I did have some bleeding and my period did a whole weird cycle on me before I finally new I was pregnant. This time around I'm going through some weird things again. Yes I been having unprotected sex with my partner. Usually when I get my...

Miss period this month [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, quick question um I got my period last month but this it didn't come and I was worried, I had sex with my boyfriend last month and I always use a condom and it never breaks, but all I see is yellow clumps of discharge coming out, and I don't know what's causing my period to be delayed, I'm just...

Why did I miss my period last month? [ 7 Answers ]

So I just found out today that I'm almost 3 weeks pregnant. I'm wondering how I missed my period last month if I got pregnant the week my period was suppose to start. I thought that I could only get pregnant during ovulation. I also want to know why I missed last month. Is that mormal?

Pregnant before you miss a period? [ 2 Answers ]

OK so today is may 9th and my period is due on may 13th but the thing is I have been feeling really tired I have been really sick at my stomach (nausea I have not actually thrown up but I my I am gaging) my stomach is just really "tight" and I have heartburn like crazy and I have been having dizzy...

IF you miss your period for 2 month. [ 3 Answers ]

I miss my period for 2month and I get the pergnancy test and it came out negative. In the morning I got sick and I crave for food in the midnight. What should I do? In the month of March I want to the doctor for my thyriod. They do a thyroid stimulating hormone test and I got the test back but on...

View more questions Search