Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1231 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2013, 11:00 PM
    If I had only a swallow/sip of red wine. Will I pass an EtG test the next day?
    I had only a sip/swallow of red wine this evening. If called in, would I pass an EtG test the next day?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2013, 01:32 AM
    Most likely, so why do you want to risk violation of your ( what ever the reason for the test)
    If you are not suppose to be drinking, what if someone is with you and reports your drinking, that is how most people are caught, not the tests but friends or ex friends turning them in.

Why is one sip of wine so important to risk failing the test ?
    1231 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2013, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Most likely, so why do you want to risk violation of your ( what ever the reason for the test)
    If you are not suppose to be drinking, what if someone is with you and reports your drinking, that is how most people are caught, not the tests but friends or ex friends turning them in.

Why is one sip of wine so important to risk failing the test ?
    Hi Chuck, Thank you for your rapid response. To answer your questions - I will further explain my situation. I was recently ticketed for suspicious DUI (it's under investigation as they never got an accurate BAC after 6 blows.)

Long story short, I am very new to the "system" if you will. I was placed on what they call Pre-trial supervision which includes a random once a month EtG test. I have yet to be called in, but I worried last night as I was at book club and the host had opened a bottle of wine. I was in an awkward situation when one of the members said how great that wine was and had me taste it. I tasted it and that was it. I panicked on the inside only because I have no clue what to expect w the random EtG tests. I thought for sure I'd be called in the day after.

I'm not a big drinker at all. I have no problem not having a drink - it was just an awkward moment in which could've been bad timing for me.

Good news is that I was not called in this am, so I can now come up for air & relax a bit.

Again, Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pass EtG test 40 or so hours after drinking wine [ 12 Answers ]

150 pound female. 5 glasses of wine over 4 hours on Saturday night, stopping around midnight Not alcohol for about 3 weeks prior to that. Test is today (Monday) around 6pm. I am chugging water for 2 days now! Any chance I'll pass?

EtG test tomorrow had wine last night will I pass? [ 3 Answers ]

OK I had One and a half glasses of 5.5 by volume moscato wine, On a Monday night around 8 pm then I have an EtG test around 6pm wed so just under 48hrs, Will I pass or can I do something to help myself pass the test? Drinking water as I type

EtG test--red wine [ 1 Answers ]

I drank a bottle of red wine Friday night. Last drink was 10pm. I am 140 female that drinks about a gallon of water a day. Based on that will I pass a EtG test with a 500 cut off level at 8am on Monday morning?

Can I pass an ETG test 78 hours after my last sip of alcohol? [ 0 Answers ]

120 lbs. Female. High metabolism. Had 1 shot of Brandy at 8 a.m. And 12 oz. 1 coors light can at 10 a.m. On Friday. Tested at 4 p.m. On Monday. Will I pass?

View more questions Search