Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    6thGrader Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2013, 09:21 PM
    I need a girlfriend in 6th grade.
    I'm in 6th grade. I need a girlfriend before September and I need a date for the school 6th grade prom!! Help
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 8, 2013, 09:24 PM
    When is the 6th grade prom?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 9, 2013, 04:30 AM
    Personally I think it is unconscionable for a school to encourage children in the 6th grade to have a "prom" and encourage dating.

I'm sure there will be many other students without dates in the 6th grade.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 9, 2013, 04:42 AM
    I too wonder why a school is having a prom for grade 6. But in my dim past I seem to recall a dance or two, nothing formal, although maybe it was grade 7 or 8. I was oblivious to boys when I was in grade 6.
    You don't need a 'girlfriend before September.' For one thing, that's next school year, so why in the world do you even say this? You have YEARS to get to know girls in groups before you try all the complications of dating just one (look around - how many last long? It can be painful to break up.)
    To get a date for just the prom, you ask. If you are afraid of being turned down, ask friends what they know about a certain girl's need for a date and what her interest might be in you. In the teens and pre-teens, 'dating' is often something approached in groups or through round about ways involving other friends helping. Much better that way.
    Ynnhoj Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2013, 03:25 PM
    Being in the sixth grade myself, I can tell you that, if you just be yourself and play it cool, some girl is going to want to be your girlfriend, and I'm sure she would be quite luxky
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 25, 2013, 03:26 PM
    Why do you need a girlfriend? What will happen if you don't get one? You need air. You need food. You need shelter. You need an education. You do not need a girlfriend, that's a want, not a need.
    Animal Luvr Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2013, 07:29 PM
    (old lady voice activate!) Back when I was in 6th grade, a "prom" for 6th graders didn't exist. Call me old fashioned, it has been 2 years since I started 6th grade, considering I am in 8th. I don't see why a 6th grader would need a girlfriend for a SCHOOL event! Enough ranting, if you still believe you need a girlfriend I suggest getting to know a girl that you have a lot in common with and then go to this prom as FRIENDS. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

6th grade how to keep a long distance relationship with my girlfriend [ 8 Answers ]

I was in 5th grade I had a girlfriend we did everything together but now in moving to Asheville. What should I do?

Want to have sex with 6th grade girlfriend but she is scared? [ 18 Answers ]

Me and my girfriend want to have sex. She's in 6 grade and I am in 7 grade. I asked if she would have sex with me and she said OK but she said she's scared because her parents could find out. How can I just tell her to do it and stop worrying? We have been going out for a long time she shouldn't be...

View more questions Search