Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Honeydiip Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 04:27 PM

I used to wash my face with baking soda and dudu osan balck soap and then moisturize with shea butter
    PINKFASCINATION Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Mar 30, 2009, 08:25 PM
    Hi, i had the worst acne. Not multiple spots but one huge painful pimple. I realized that when i ate peanuts i broke out. I stopped eating them and my skin cleared up. Herpes also can also be a cause. I find that using the zovirax cream on my face makes the headless bumps come to a head and heal. Sound nasty but it works. Cleaning my skin with anything over the counter broke me out cause salicilic acid and peroxides are irritants for severely sensitive skin. I stopped everything and used rubbing alcohol since i have oily skin.
    itsme101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 04:56 PM
    Girl I can definitely relate. I'm black too with the same kind of acne. I tried everything out there. Even baking soda and toothpaste but nothing helped. But then I found my mircale. It's these pills called 7 day acne detox. At first I was spectical because I mean really? A acne product that worked in 7 days or less? Yea right but it had a year warranty on it so I said what the heck I tried everything else so this won't hurt I can always return it if it doesn't work. So I tried it and it worked girl I'm telling you don't be spectical about it just try it I garrantee it works but don't buy it in retail but it from its website 7 Day Acne Detox | #1 Acne Treatment garrantee it works well good luck hit me up and tell me the results ight:)
    Sheila522 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 05:51 PM
    Have you tried Ebony Secret? I ordered a bottle myself and I hear a lot of good things about it. It is especially designed for women of color, and I hear it really works well. Go to www.blackbusinessnetwork.com/sheila and click "Online Store" at the bottom of the page. Let me know how it works for you. You can also check out all of the videos for women that have had success with it. Good luck, and let me know how it works for you.
    miss-ts Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2009, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magni View Post
    TRY THIS PRODUCT CALLED SKIN SO FAIR SERUM
    YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED. SEEMS LEGIT" WHAT DO YOU THINK
    www.skin-so-fair.com

THIS IS FROM THE WEBSITE

TESTIMONIAL OF THE WEEK

I want to say THANK-YOU!! This product is wonderful and does exactly what it says it will do. I must admit, I was very skeptical . I am a medium complexion African American women, who has had acne problems of some sort all of my life, I scar very easily and they are very dark. I have been to several dermatology doctors from my early teens up until about May of this year. I've tired things like Retin-Aproducts and the dreaded hydroquinone. Not one of my doctors had even suggested to me to try a product with kojic acid, not even the Black doctors I had seen. I began using this product at the end of June. It is now the end of July, and I am amazed. First of all , the dark scars on my face have dramatically improved and the condition of my skin is incredible. My skin feels smooth and my acne breakouts have decreased . Another thing I forgot to mention was the price. For a product of this caliber, the price is unbelievable. Skin-So-Fair has definitely made a believer out of me. I have told my niece about this product and she is excited to try it. You guys have a customer for life. Sincerely, S. Lewis Gardena, CA 90249

An African American

Hey! Awww thanks so much for the gift offer!! Well the serum and the body milk does wonders for my skin. Whichever one of those you want to send is just fine (^-^). Just wanted to thank you sooo much again for the great product! When the M.K. sales lady came up to me and complimented my skin I was totally baffled because I usually have lots of blemishes and huge pores and the skin tone is totally uneven and I have eczema and etc.. I've never had "good" skin...so I was SO surprised! Anyway wow! You are a God-send to be selling this! Being Filipino, white/light skin is absolutely beautiful and treasured (which is funny because in America being tan is supposedly wanted? Haha :D ) and now I'm starting to have lighter skin even if I haven't been using your product that long! Before I was debating between your product and this other product from the Philippines
    called Godiva. Thank goodness I bought yours <3! Just...wow. Thank you so so much!!!
    Best regards and God bless! Didi (AN EBAYER)

A WHITE / PHIPPINO

Hey, me again.....can I just be real with you? You all are just AWESOME!! That AWANSHINE cream is EXCELLENT! (Name 1, Name 2, Name 3 denotes actual names of US products not shown for privacy purposes) whoever else...........HAS NOTHING ON AWANSHINE!! EL ZIPPO!!ZILCH....NOTHING COMPARES AT THAT PRICE, AND ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS CAN NEVER BE BEAT....NEVER!! I STAND BEHIND THIS PRODUCT BECAUSE IT WORKS.....NO HYPE.....NOTHING TECHNICAL OR FANCY SCHMOOZE...IT JUST
    WORKS!!! (Not trying to elicit anything - this stuff is just that good....it does EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS AND MORE...my skin is becoming almost 100% improved!!!) Thank you so much for the extras thrown in and super fast lightening shipment----- actually matches the super fast lightening product that you sell...!! AN ABSOLUTE PERFECT MATCH!! I just have to keep it real and say a very sincere THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!! And oh yeah...............I MOST DEFINITELY WILL BE
    BACK !! Thanks again !!!Dianne . . .Serving GOD...to serve people :)
    An African American / an ebay shopper ladysoup14 ( 23) Feb-19-05 13:08 5555774474

Hello,
    I just want to give an update on the skin-so fair product. It's only a week and I already notice a different on my mother's arms. She has large darkened patches from sun damage and they have already lightened up. Thanks for a product that actually works and doesn't cost a fortune!! Petitpoulet81 EBAYER
    - This stuff works and the seller is very gracious w/ any questions/concerns. Buyer balackbeauty ( 3 ) Jul-14-05 09:12 5592593989
    - This fabulous cream is miraculous. Love it !!!!!!. Will buy more. AAAAAA++++++ Buyer evagifts ( 93) Jul-13-05 13:58 5573679033

ONE WORD I CAN SAY BRILLANT , IT REALLY WORK EVERYBODY MUST BUY IT THANX A MILLION Buyer lucasfrn2 ( 2 ) Aug-10-05 22:50 5597208554
    Unbelievable!! I tried Hydoquinone (didn't work) THIS STUF WORKED IN TWO DAYS! Buyer kfaith22 ( 5 ) Aug-10-05 08:52 5603517277

- Awesome product. Results seen overnight!! Will be lifelong customer. Thanks. Buyer evagifts ( 93) Jul-11-05 19:12 5573676949
    - Bon produit, ma peau est lisse au bout de 5 jours d'utilisation. Merci NICE PRODUCT, MY SKIN HAS BEEN LIGHTENED IN FIVE DAYS Buyer armellefleur123 ( 2 ) FROM FRANCE Jun-02-05 10:15 5578887666 Buyer halimeh413 ( 10) Jun-07-05 00:01 5587645599

- wow this actually works! been getting compliments from every one! &I'm back for more!

Got it yesterday, used last night and it worked ALREADY!!! WOW! Thanks Buyer katema74 Jun-15-05 16:43 5585577316

- Haven't used cream, but serum works overnight to peel dead layer of skin on face A+ Buyer stock67 ( 82) Jun-23-05 14:58 5581588587

- This is my 3rd order. Wonderful product. Works in just days. Recommend to all Buyer trinity37b4 ( 107) Jun-27-05 12:03 5573676949

- started lightening the first week! Buyer mittedone424 ( 24) Jun-29-05 11:02 5571104482

- doubted if it would work but price was right, AMAZING!! can see results in just 24hrs! Buyer pm7600 ( 165) Apr-09-05 13:36 5571104482

- Great product, it actually works without risk associated with chemical products Buyer manofthepoop ( 11) Mar-21-05 20:44 5563682997

Have u use this product yourself or u just came across this product and what is it called and who makes it. :)when you get to the site where do you go.
    hamzlolly Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Jan 24, 2011, 06:24 AM
    Have you tried summat called fulcin? That's what I used and its really good
    calea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2011, 04:44 PM
    Yes I understand how you feel COMPLETELY. I have had acne since the 4th grade. Even though everyone I know has gotten used to my acne, I really want to show them how beautiful I am underneath this dreadful acne coated face. PLUS senior pictures are coming up and boy am I PANICKING! My brother and I used proactiv when we were younger but it didn't seem to work. Now that I look back, maybe we weren't using it right, or else we weren't on the correct diet. Whatever it was, I was always curious if proactiv even worked on african americans. Well, I'll just have to find out. This is my last chance.
    Seze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2011, 02:51 PM
    I'm an African American female just like you. I know EXACTLY what your talking about. I used to cry about my acne. I've tried Proactive, Clearisil, Neutragena, even my dermatologists medication and nothing. My guess about mine was that it was hormonal, but at the time I couldn't do anything. What I do now is I use Biore Unclogging Pore Scrub, then I use Biore Ice Cleaner afterward. It feels amazing and you can literally feel it inside your pores and skin and you feel like your skin is ice cold after, but its amazing. Then after I use Clean and Clear Pursa Gel. Things you might want to do as well is drink lots of water it really does help, eat a few almonds to get a good zinc count into your diet, if you have inflammation I use tamato slices and put them on my face, surprisingly they work. Make sure to clean your system out really good to get out all the toxins. You may want to use sunblock ( one that you can use with acne) so if you have scars they don't worsen. Also for redness I use A+D Zinc Oxide cream which is also diaper rash cream but I used it as a baby and I use it now and it works wonders on inflammed skin. Most importantly relax! Stressing will only make you feel worse and make it look worse. Get all what you feel about it out, and just relax. When I stopped having it affect my whole life, it got better and I felt better. Also get rest and sleep, it can help. Hope this works for you.
    reemo617 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2012, 07:58 AM
    If you drink water everyday. No sodas and/or drink with added proceed sugars your face will clear some what. What will cure your acne will be your eating habit.. if you can become a vegetarian with using little to no oils for 90 days and drink water in oz based on your body weight when you dived your body weight in half you acne will clear. Washing your face will speed up the process, by the way no junk food at all and cleanse your colon 1 time every 3 months on this diet with a colon cleanse tablet from the gmc store. Wash your face morning and night before you go to bed with organic soap or a product that has worked for you a little. But your eating and drinking habits are the cure to clearing you acne.
    careyyaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2012, 07:47 AM
    Hi my acne is so bad, I have tried everything there is to try and nothing is working for me. The type of acne that I have as I get older my face is getting holes in it can anyone help me with this bad case of acne.
    camillewarccm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2012, 05:21 PM
    I am researching the correlation between hair greases, pomades, and oils with acne. I have recently stopped relaxing my hair and in turn started using more moisturizing agents to keep my hair moisturized. In turn my mild acne became much worse. I started breaking out around the time I first began getting perms. In recent times when I wore braids (and moisturized using only a tea tree spray) my face became very clear. I am currently in the beginning stages of loc-ing my hair and I am researching light moisturizing agents to keep my locs from being dry, but keeping my face oil free. If anyone has seen this correlation or is curious please post more information here!!
    redlipsticklena Posts: 148, Reputation: 0

Aug 18, 2012, 05:28 PM
    You should try cocoa butter or shea butter for your skin
    ashleyking33 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 03:49 PM
    I'm an african american female too. If you want to cleanse your colon drink lots of water. If the bumps on your face are just bumps and not acne then that means that there is puss/bacteria trapped under your skin. If that is the case, poke small holes in your bumps and then cleanse your face then rinse thoroughly and apply toothpaste. This has worked for me lots of times. Also try a botanical peel and make sure to go to your dermatologist and ask for medicine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

African American People [ 88 Answers ]

What are you using to lighten your skin? ... What has worked for you Chemical peels? Creams? Pills? or aLL three?

Skin lightner for African/African American/Black people? [ 46 Answers ]

Ok I am fairly new on this site and I am having a hard time figuring out what race is everyone. I am not trying to racist or anything. What works on other races doesn't work on black people and vice versa... With that being said... Hi, Im Amina. I was a mid brown color. Before going to college...

African American given names [ 8 Answers ]

Not having grown up with African Americans (I'm in northern Canada), I'm curious as to the significance of the unique, interesting names of many African American girls and women. For example, on American Idol, there is Tinnik, Mandisa, and of course Fantasia from 2 years ago. Is this some sort of...

African-american musician [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a blind black musician who recorded probably during the 20s through 30s.The story is he was blinded by his mother possibly with lye,I think he was a blues singer who played a guitar.I tried goggle but I don't have a enough information. Thanks for any information...

African American History after the civil war [ 1 Answers ]

I got a couple of questions... ;D 1. What was presidential reconsturction? What policies concerning Freedmen are most associated with it? 2. What was congressional reconstruction? What are the greatest and/or enduring accomplishments of this era? 3. What were the black codes? 4. What...

View more questions Search