Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    h0peful Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2013, 03:23 PM
    Help in finding book title from plot and characters
    I read this fiction/romance book sometime in about 2000 to 2002

It is set in france and begins shortly before the second world war with a young (18 or 19 years old ?) french catholic woman travelling home on a train to her fathers house for an arranged marriage to her fathers friend who I think is in his 30s she is rich and spoiled but loves her father and respects tradition

She 1st meets her fiancé in the grounds of her fathers house by a pool or pond or fountain and as she is used to being in control and the centre of attention the meeting doesn't go too well ( he's not impressed by her and the feeling is mutual he's described as severus-snape-from-harry-potter-like tall dark ugly with a big nose) I think she ends up in the water feature

Most of the rest of the story lies hidden by the mists of the past decade in my memory but does include the second world war the nazi occupation (1 of them fancies her fiance) and the resistance

Id greatly appreciate any help in discovering the title or author of this book I'm sooooooooooo desperate to rebuy and reread

Thank you I live in hope with fingers crossed
    GlennGlenGlenn Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Jan 11, 2013, 04:33 PM
    Hmmm. You probably need some KEY words and then you might be able to Google search and find it. Unfortunately most of what you've described could fit probably 1000's of books. The only possibly unique one was "severus-snape-from-harry-potter-like" but that gives no Google results. Can you think of any other unique names or places or phrases or anything that might have been used. Otherwise you are down to just the chance that someone else here has actually read it and that is unlikely although possible. :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 11, 2013, 08:42 PM
    Call adult reader's advisory at the reference desk at your local public library. Maybe they will have good luck pinning down a title and author for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Book title by plot [ 1 Answers ]

The book is narrated by a dead female veterinarian. Her husband is an attorney left to deal with the animals on his own. He gets involved helping her college roommate after she loses her grant and the chimp that she's raised since birth. She has taught the chimp sign language and the chimp can...

Help finding book plot? [ 1 Answers ]

About a girl who was sold into prostitution by her stepfather once her mother died, after a few years a man sees her walking in the street and saves her and marries her but she keeps running away until she realizes she's safe it's a religious book

Finding a book title from a (vague) plot [ 0 Answers ]

A good few years back, my mother borrowed a book from the library and insisted that I read it; although it was odd I very much enjoyed it and would like to read it again, but all I can remember is the plot (well - bits of it!) I'll write down as much as I can remember, but it was a while ago so...

Finding a book title--I know plot, setting, characters names [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm trying to find a book I read about 15 years ago and I can't remember the author or the title. I believe it is a Silhouette Desire book. Most likely published in the 80's or early 90's. I know what the cover looked like--It was a man (I think on a lounge chair by the pool) with his wife...

View more questions Search