Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nurse09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2013, 02:03 PM
    2.5 weeks late, negative test at two weeks
    I have missed my period and I am normally quite regular. My last one was on November 25. I don't feel pregnant at all. I had some spotting after working out during the time I was supposed to get my period. That was it. I sort of feel like I have a big appetite, I'm always hungry, but I don't know if that Is even a symptom. Sometimes I feel like my ovaries hurt and are aching, but that is it!! I am a nurse so I feel like I should know, but I don't. I didn't think I wanted to be pregnant, but after I told my boyfriend I was worried, he said that he was told by a doctor that he would have a hard time conceiving, so now I have found myself wishing I was pregnant. This could be our chance at a baby. Is it possible to be pregnant after getting a negative result after 2 weeks late? How likely is it?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2013, 02:08 PM
    Only two weeks is likely too early to get an accurate result... they don't the maximum accuracy until 4 weeks after conception.. so at 2 weeks your odds are roughly 50/50 you would get the right result... in 4 weeks it will be nearly 100%.

Pregnancy symptoms are usually figments of the imagination, and usually anything BUT related to the pregnancy... unlike the flu or Colds which have well defined symptoms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm two weeks late and every test I take is negative, what do I do? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm now 2 weeks late and every test I take is negative. I generally have a normal period but there has been a few times I've been late but it's only maybe two to three days. I'm showing symptoms but still negative. I'm so confused, please help.

I'm 2 weeks late, Negative test [ 0 Answers ]

My peroids have always been normal. I'm 17 years old and I had sex for the first time in 2 years, we used condoms and he didn't ***. The night before he came on the outside of my anus. This happened 3 weeks ago. Now I'm 2 weeks late for my period. I've also switched to a vegan diet this last month...

3 Weeks Late With Negative Test's [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I had a Miscarrige and had to have a D&C on the 12th of August. My last period after that was on the 25th September so I am nearly 3 weeks late. I have done 2 Urine tests and One was negative and the other had 1 strong line and a very Faint one. So I went to the doctors and had a blood test...

View more questions Search