Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clinton Gladney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2013, 01:12 PM
    IRS rules on giving your spouse a form 1099-misc
    Providing wife with form 1099-misc

My wife and I own a janitorial franchise, which is an LLC. According to the LLC filed with the State of Georgia, I own 75% and my wife own 25% of the business.
    However, all payments for services rendered is paid to me only. My wife does help me in the business with the janitorial duties, which includes helping with the cleaning of the businesses we service. I provide her with some of the money I receive at the end of each month. We file our income taxes jointly at end of year.
    My question is: should I provide her with form 1099-misc so she can report her income and take deductions for 25% of the expenses. The 1099-misc will only be on the 25% of income I give to her, per the LLC.

Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Employer says I am NOT self employed but IRS says I am from 1099 misc [ 11 Answers ]

Last year I received a 1099 misc with box 3 filled out from my employer - the IRS called me and said that I had to file that amount as self-employed... my employer says that I am not considered 'self-employed' but the IRS says that if that is the case my employer is filling out the wrong box...

1099-MISC form [ 1 Answers ]

Can any one suggest me who issues 1099-MISC form and to whom? Thanks.

What are the IRS penalties for filing 1099-misc without social security numbers? [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a couple of individuals work for me for a couple of months each during the current tax year. One left to parts unknown without notice, the other was fired. I have last known addresses on both but no SS #'s. I want to file 1099s but need to know what to expect from the IRS with 1099's...

1099-MISC form [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is a full time student . She was twenty years old by end of last year.She worked for a company last year part time and they have sent her a 1099-MISC for about $6000.00. Is she considered a self employed person?Their employer calls her a consultant, apparently. I am claiming her as a...

1099 Misc form [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a single mother and I was wondering if I only get the 1099 Misc form because I only work a few hours a week and there are no taxes taken out of it, will I still be eligible for the EIC?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.