Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aleahy711 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2013, 07:18 AM
    Ask an obgyn
    I had a baby on 11/07/12. At my post partum check up on 12/18/12 my OB suggested the depo shot as BC. I was never on this shot before. She told me to come back within the first 5 days of my period to have the shot administered. It was about 2 weeks later when I started what I thought was my period. I went into the office the next day and had the shot. Then my "period" completely stopped later that day. It didn't just slow down, it just stopped. I'm concerned because I'm not sure that was actually my period. Maybe it was still residual bleeding from when I had my baby. My question is, what if that wasn't my period and I got the shot. Am I still protected? Will this affect the next time I'm supposed to get the shot?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2013, 09:13 AM
    The person to ask is the Physician who gave you the injection. I am reading conflicting info on the Internet.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 8, 2013, 04:21 PM
    Yes, you will still be protected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obgyn [ 1 Answers ]

I got my period this month and I'm bleding and want to know why

Obgyn [ 0 Answers ]

I have a sharp pain on the right inside of my vagina when I have sex it hurts extremely bad. Also I have a lump on the surface of my vagina by my thigh and its really hard and very tender

Ask a obgyn [ 0 Answers ]

"hi my daughter had her period twice in July 3,2012 and July 29,2012 but the second time it only lasted three days first day was brown and then light and then on the 2 of August she was spotting for two days she is frequently urinating.I did two pregnancy text and it came back negative but it's now...

Ask a obgyn [ 0 Answers ]

I have one quick question. I am due June 10 2012 and didn't have a period! So according to the pregnancy wheel it was during the middle of September. But that is only for 28 day cycle women. According to my due date could I have still conceived only in September? Or could I have fallen pregnant in...

Ask an obgyn? [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a very bad itching problem down town the last two months on my outer labia, no discharge or smell... what can I do to make it stop.

View more questions Search