Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shousha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Flags in Crystal Reports
    I have a crystal report that prints school report cards. I need to add a flag on this condition where if the student didn't pay his tuition the report card wouldn't print and an error message will pop out instead...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 16, 2007, 06:47 AM
    You would really do this in the application that manages the data. How are reports kicked off? Generally Crystal Reports are called from an application.
    shousha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 02:59 PM
    That report is generated from a software called student management system which is SQL based.. I use crystal reports to create reports requested... That is why I was wondering if such flags can be created inside Crystal Reports...
    Thanks for your help!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 16, 2007, 04:46 PM
    You might be able to create a calculated field that counts the number of records and produces a message if zero. But I'm really not sure if that will work.
    Troll Smasher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shousha
    i have a crystal report that prints school report cards. i need to add a flag on this condition where if the student didnt pay his tuition the report card wouldnt print and an error message will pop out instead...

Not knowing what fields you are pulling in your report, you can get a error message to show up by using a formula field and suppressing the data when the formula field is true.

I would imagine that you should have a field that tells if tution has been paid and then you could base your formula off that field.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crystal reports - percentage averages [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I am working within a service delivery area - providing it helpdesk support I am currently trying to write a report in crystal which will show how many calls for each team menber were resolved within 2 days. I can get the report to show all the calls they have answered. However can't work...

Crystal Reports Calendar [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently trying to build a report that looks just like a calendar. The data I have is stored in a table organized by: Day Month Year Note I am struggling with how to display the notes in a calendar view. I can get it to work in a crosstab view; however, it is just one row...

Access 2000 and Crystal Reports 8.5 [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of developing an application using Access 2000. I have not been able to find anything on what I want to do. My question is I have setup a switchboard to access reports and forms, I want to have a botton which would do the following items (behind the scenes) 1) execute a...

View more questions Search