Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myrue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2013, 06:40 PM
    Stains on Hardwood Floor.
    When I moved into my apartment one of the people helping me dropped a plastic bag on the hardwood floor in the livingroom, not realizing that in the bag there were toilet cleaning tablets and bottles of various liquids. These bottles broke and activated the toilet cleaning tablets eating through the plastic and staining the hardwood floor a deep blue. The area is about 12 inch square and I have tried everything I can to clean the stain off. I have had the area covered with an area rug but I really would like to have the hardwood floor visible as the rest of it is in beautiful shape.

What can I use to remove this stain.

Charlotte J. Poole
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 6, 2013, 06:45 PM
    It would help to know what kind of wood it is, and what the finish is.
    If oak, a common floor wood, buy oxalic acid in powdered crystal form and mix it with water into a paste and spread thickly on the stain.
    But any wood with open grain like that is going to be almost impossible to fix, because the stain gets deep into the grain.
    You could try a little bleach in a small area, being careful because it will interact with the other chemicals. I don't think it will work though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Get stains out of hardwood floor? [ 10 Answers ]

I've just ripped up the carpet in my house to get at the oak hardwood floor below. There are LOTS of stains. How can I get rid of them before I seal the floor? I really hope you don't say strip and re-finish... but if you must.

Floor not level for hardwood floor? [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing 3/4 hardwood flooring and one room is not level most of floor is about 1/4 inch and one spot is about 1/2'' off. What is the best and for me the fastest way to level floor. I was told build up with wood then use a compound that won't crack when nails are pounded through hard wood....

How to transition hardwood floor to carpet/tile on a slab floor [ 1 Answers ]

We installed new hardwood flooring on our slab floor, it is a floating floor. How do we transition to tile and carpet? Do we need to glue the transitions down?

Hardwood floor stains [ 3 Answers ]

Okay I know that I found this disturbing and some of you might as well. My wife started pulling up the carpet in our hallway under it is what was nice hardwood flooring. The family pet has used this hallway to relieve himself and subsequently it went through the carpet and pad and has stained the...

Removing stains from hardwood floor [ 3 Answers ]

I recently removed wall to wall carpeting in my livingroom which covered hardwood floors. The floor was in great shape except for staple marks from the staples for the padding. Is there a way to remove these black stains without replacing the wood.. can they be bleached out or sanded?. is there...

View more questions Search