Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sarah_90 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2013, 04:59 PM
    Seeing/Sensing People Who Aren't There...
    Please take me seriously, I don't really want any rude remarks made so if you don't believe what I am trying to ask/say, please don't express it rudely.
    Since I was small, around 6-7, I began to see/sense things. I don't think they were ghosts, or anything like that. They were shadows, glimpses of shapes that I didn't get to see for more than a few seconds. It went away but now, I just turned 16, I feel like I am going insane. In my dreams I am in my room and see myself sleeping. Then I hear people speaking. Laughter and quite voices. And I am really freaking out because my parents say all of it is just a dream but it isn't! The shadows are back and I keep feeling "invisible people". I know they are there, I feel them, but I can't see them. I don't know what to do! My mom won't take me to the doctor because she says it is all in my head... maybe it is but I need to know if anyone has this either! Please can anyone tell me why this is happening?
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jan 5, 2013, 05:30 PM
    People experience what you are describing... you're not alone. However, what you are sensing are invisible people... but rather entities or spirits.

Is most of what you feel or see during sleep or during the day?

Jan 5, 2013, 06:54 PM
    Well I am not sure. Some days I can go without even sensing them. But other days, random times (although mostly in the daytime) I begin to hear and feel them. And it isn't quiet noise, I honestly think I'm going insane!

Jan 6, 2013, 07:12 AM
    What do you hear and see?

Jan 6, 2013, 10:00 AM
    Well when I was small I saw shadows, like silhouettes of strange shapes... think they were animals or something I don't know. Then when they disappeared I just stopped paying attention to them. Now though, the shadows are back, practically the same as they were when I was young. They even pass by me really close at times but all they are, are shadows... just a black void of a cloud... But whenever I sleep I have the same dream EVERY night! I am standing next to my bed, I see myself sleeping and I feel really peaceful. Suddenly whispers all around me break out. People laugh shout and even make noise (footsteps, even clapping). I try to look around but see no one and that's when the moment I become paralyzed. I usually wake myself up by then.

I talked with my mom about the dreams, she said that the dream is my mental state of health... could I possibly be sick?

Jan 6, 2013, 11:24 AM
    No, I wouldn't subsribe to the idea that you are sick.

It could be a case of demonic oppression. To get started in the right direction I would point you to speaking with a youth pastor, if your parents would be OK with that.

Jan 6, 2013, 02:18 PM
    Wouldn't demons want to hurt me though?

Jan 6, 2013, 03:37 PM
    Believe it or not... hollywood isn't the best example of demonic activity. Unbeknown to most, the main objective of a demonic entity is not fear and physical harm. Their main goal is spiritual confusion.

Jan 6, 2013, 04:21 PM
    Well I am religious... I'm not as religious as I could be. I believe in a God and all but nothing more than that really. I never worshiped Satan or demons before, besides if I bring that subject up with my parents they don't believe me, let alone a priest... or pastor. All he said was to pray... well looks like praying isn't working. Should I try to ignore them?

Jan 6, 2013, 07:17 PM
    Worshipping satan or demons has little to nothing to do with these types of situations. MOST people that deal with this kind of problem haven't outright worshipped Satan.

So you have spoken to a pastor about this before and he told you to pray... or that's what you assume they are going to say?

Jan 6, 2013, 09:27 PM
    Actually I didn't say that I was seeing things, since people in my church are a bit... uptight with believing just about anything. I told him that I think there are evil spirits in my house. He just said to pray... that's it. I honestly doubt that praying is going to change a lifetime problem!

Jan 7, 2013, 03:32 PM
    You're right... and unfortunately that is a problem we have in the church... many pastors and leaders are simply ignorant on how to handle the situation. Is it possible to speak with someone from a different church?

While prayer is more or less a solution... there are right and wrong ways to go about doing it for certain situations.

Jan 7, 2013, 04:12 PM
    So what should I do? Should I just wait to see if they disappear over time again? I guess I could learn to ignore them... just wanted to understand why this is happening to me, so thanks!

Jan 7, 2013, 05:58 PM
    It's hard to say sometimes "why" spirits begin to bother people. Ultimately it comes down to the individuals relationship with God.

I wouldn't suggest you try to ignore it, but rather find a spiritually strong Christian to speak with. This most likely means speaking with someone OTHER than your pastor. He quite obviously is ignorant of the subject.

Jan 7, 2013, 06:28 PM
    Thanks! I'll see what I can do!

Jan 8, 2013, 01:31 PM
    Let me know how things are going...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can people who aren't my friend on Facebook see my profile pictures [ 0 Answers ]

Everything I have on Facebook set to friends only, but you can still see all of my profile pictures, current and past. I have tried everything and I am getting tired of it. Please help :L Thanks

4 year old sees people/animals who aren't there [ 4 Answers ]

My 4 year old son has told us that he has seen hands coming from under his door and is avid about it, then last night he comes in my room with a stomach ache and I sit with him in the dark soothing him, half asleep myself and he points to the corner of the room and says who's that over there? I say...

Sometimes people aren't so smart. [ 13 Answers ]

I found all of these on some randon website, enjoy! Accident Reports Accident insurance claim forms ask for a brief statement about how the accident happened. The combination of the finger pointing instinct and the small spaces provided on the forms can lead to some curiously phrased...

Sensing energies [ 27 Answers ]

Is anyone here able to sense the energy in things? I hold a stone and I know what it wants to be used for. I know if it's 'happy' or 'serious' or 'sad.' I can tell what stones are friends and what stones really don't like being near each other. I can tell which stone from a group of the same...

Outdoor motion-sensing, photo-sensing wall lantern not turning off [ 2 Answers ]

Hampton Bay Motion Sensing Outdoor Wall Lantern #561456 I installed a pair of these lanterns next to my front door about two years ago, the first one works fine. I’ve replaced the second lantern three times so far – when I installed the first lantern it worked fine except the motion sensor...

View more questions Search