Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dollslemonade Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2013, 02:45 PM
    Annoying grinding noise - Asus Laptop
    I have an Asus laptop, I got it last year for my birthday.
    Recently every time I use the touch mouse pad there would be a grinding noise by the fan for the duration of the touch (if I was moving the mouse or scrolling) and then it started making the noise whenever the charger was plugged in; I bought a new charger because the original had a faulty wire (meaning I had to bend it into a certain position for it to work) and it still continues.
    If I hit the area the noise stops but the charging icon changes to say its on battery and it won't charge anymore even if it is still plugged in. If I take it out and put it back in it'll go back to normal but it's really annoying, sometimes the grinding is bearable and others its so loud I have to drown it out with music.
    Is there a way to get the grinding to stop?
    ergblog Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2013, 10:43 AM
    Ye, we know what that noise is. Here check out the article and a video in the article will explain hot to eliminate that noise.

Noise from laptop when plugged into AC adapter - ERG - Blog

Hope this will help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Asus laptop helpdesk [ 0 Answers ]

I have a new Asus laptop, when I try to install Microsoft office 2010 the message "set up has stopped working" is displayed. It says that the program is looking for a solution but there is no change. I have tried system restore to no avail. The laptop is only 1 month old. Any help/advice would be...

Asus laptop troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Can only type numbers tried pressing num lock key with many combinations Nothing works?? HELP

How do you get a bisoncam working on an asus laptop [ 0 Answers ]

I got my new laptop,and my camera was working fine.But we went out of town and when I got home I tried to click on my video camera and it said an error has occurred can someone one *** help me , it is a built in video cam

Laptop asus [ 1 Answers ]

I was about to plug my speaker into my laptop I put the speaker port into the usb port I didn't push it in and it crashed and now the laptop won't go on! I didn't have to pull the cord out or anything like that it wasn't even in the usb section it lightly touched it now nothing the laptop won't...

Asus G1 Laptop Trouble [ 1 Answers ]

Hello about two days ago my laptop Fell on the floor and sense then I get a Blue screen every time I try and start up my computer, it usually restarted to fast to view the error message so after trying to use my Recovery CD supplyed by my computer company, it gave me abunch of error messages, so I...

View more questions Search