Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleyflemmings Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2013, 12:30 PM
    I've been bleeding for 19 days
    I've been bleeding for 19 days now and I'm wondering if I should go to the hospital ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2013, 12:54 PM
    The thought didn't occur to you earlier?

I assume we are talking menstrual bleeding... then you should have gone the second day after it should have stopped.

If it was anything else.. you should have gone a lot sooner.

Jan 5, 2013, 12:57 PM
    Well I thought maybe my period just came again cause sometimes it lasts 8-10 days but now I'm worried ! Has this ever happen to you do you know what could be causing this ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2013, 01:10 PM
    Its not normal for most women... you should see your gynecologist
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleyflemmings View Post
    Well I thought maybe my period just came again cause sometimes it lasts 8-10 days but now I'm worried ! Has this ever happen to you do you know what could be causing this ?
    It's happened to me. You need to see a gynecologist so your hormone levels can be checked and any other issues can be detected.

Jan 5, 2013, 01:22 PM
    I don't have a gynecologist and my family doctor isn't open till Monday should I just go to the hospital??
    Education Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 01:24 PM
    i dont have a gynecologist and my family doctor isn't open till Monday should i just go to the hospital ???
    When you say bleeding, how much? (How often are you changing pad/tampon?)

Jan 5, 2013, 01:25 PM
    Not much on a pad like a few drops but when I go pee it comes out a lot or when I'm trying to have bath to comfort myself it comes out
    Education Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 01:28 PM
    Not much on a pad like a few drops but when I go pee it comes out a lot or when I'm trying to have bath to comfort myself it comes out
    You can probably wait and ask your doctor for a gynecology referral.

Jan 5, 2013, 01:30 PM
    But it's been like this for so long like its goes low then gets heavy my body's changed I sleep for long periods and I never use to wake up early I get up every morning around 6am now
    Education Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 01:44 PM
    But it's been like this for so long like its goes low then gets heavy my body's changed I sleep for long periods of time and I never use to wake up early I get up every morning around 6am now
    Then go. You've waited 19 days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

31 days bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

Got my period a month ago and I have not stop bleeding since. Dr. gave me provera, did not work. Dr. gave me birth control pills.. and it is not working. I am still bleeding

I was 9 days late, and then I started bleeding really heavy for 2 days w [ 1 Answers ]

Please help. I was 9 days late, and then I started bleeding really heavy for 2 days with lots of pain. The 3 days the period was gone as well as the cramps. My period are normally very regular and they last 5 days. Could I be pregnant or have another issue.I did a pregnancy test and it was...

My period was 10 days late and I began spotting for 2 days and light bleeding after.. [ 2 Answers ]

I had no actual menstrual flow as i had no use for pad/tampon. I did wear a pantyliner and nothing on it. It started with 2 days of spotting brownish/pinkish and light bleeding after for next couple of days but i only seen when i wiped the whole time. I took a pregnancy test and negative result....

Bleeding for 33 days [ 4 Answers ]

I am 46 and for the last 33 days I have been having a period not always heavy sometimes very light. The last two days have been heavy though, I have been to the doctor and had different tests in the past with no knowen cause. The doctor recently gave me a course of provera for 10 days 5mg, this...

View more questions Search