Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MAxelectric Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 01:00 AM
    Tomato preservation or food processing tech & equipment.
    Can anybody tell me Method for tomato preservation. Or Any Food processing techniques for tomato preservation. Anyone have the links for the same ?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2007, 01:09 AM
    They are generally canned and then heated to kill any bacteria.

Fresh tomatoes are probably irradiated. They are nearly always kept refridgerated to slow the growth of microbes.

Here are some links:
    Food irradiation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Canning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not an expert so I'm making an educated guess!
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Jun 25, 2007, 03:47 AM
    Well to preserve it for lesser time
    In your refrigerator ,can be by wrapping them in tissue wrapigs and then rewrap in paper wraping ,this willl minimize the dehydrating efect. Well if you are talking about industrial level preservation than canning with some optimized salt gradient may serve as a better tool.but since the are juicy and are prone to get easily contaminated there are very less probablity of this technique too.

The house wives use it as sauce in their cuisines.wen tomatoes are cheap get more quantities and preserve it by making homemade sauce and store it in the refrigerator.

I don't think it helped? Let me know.
    450D Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2007, 05:14 AM
    You need to dip fresh tomatoes in boiling water for just a few seconds, then put them in cold water. This scalds the skins and makes them easy to peel. Then just fill quart jars to within 1/2 inch of top and press them until juice comes to top and refill a little if necessary. Then add one tablespoon of canning salt, a teaspoon of sugar if you want, screw on new lid hand tight, place in a hot water bath canner and boil for 20- 25 minutes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

15 amp extension cord to plug in 20 amp equipment? [ 22 Answers ]

I need to know if I can convert a 15 amp extension cord to plug in 20 amp equipment (temporary). The plug on the equipment has one fin turned perpendicular to the other. Is there an adapter for this?

Beware. Warning. Vonage problems & Tech Support STINKS! [ 2 Answers ]

I am a very patient person - especially with newer technologies, but with Vonage I am at wits end. I got vonage for our small business and in the 16 days since I've had it installed I've spent more time on the phone with them than I have with business calls! 1. Generally: When you call their...

Wiring a 5o amp disconnect circuit for a piece of cooking equipment [ 1 Answers ]

I concerned about the cost of running #6 wire/ for a 3ph 50 amp disconnect. I know wire cost has increased substantially within last year or so. What should I expect as a cost for a job of this type-5-6 hours---30-40 feet run?

Bang & Olufsen Equipment [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 1972 BEOMASTER 1200 and BEOGRAM 1500 turntable, i.n.o.r. Is anyone interested in these items as a collector ?

View more questions Search