Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pokwa906 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 12:21 AM
    Cannot login to windows
    We are unable to login to any accounts on a Winxp Home machine. All accounts, (even the admin account when booting in safe mode) get to the welcome screen, and then it will say "Saving Settings" and then kick you back out to the login screen again.

Doing some searching, I've found this problem, and how to fix it, but it involves logging in as an administrator. Like I said, even admin gets kicked out in this fashion.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 16, 2007, 12:55 AM
    Repair install may be in order:

Here's the official Micro$oft way of doing it,
    And Here's one with screen shots.

Basically this installs windows over the top of your current setup.
    So you don't loose any information you already have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows XP login failure/ boot freeze [ 2 Answers ]

I'm running windows xp pro (sp2) and I now have this problem where the system stops responding on the Microsoft xp picture/ logo just before the log on screen appears. I have tried to boot in safemode, but the only difference is that I can then use ALT+TAB to see that two tasks are running: "Log...

Runescape login [ 7 Answers ]

I need help runescape won't login my computer it loads and takes 10 min for the title creen to show but when I try to type in my username it just freeze's. I tried updating my java software, chaged worlds and tried different thing on the detail select (forgot what's it called) but it still won't...

Email login failure. [ 6 Answers ]

I'm having trouble logging into any of the free email clients on the web, Yahoo, hotmail and gmail. This is happening in a domain environment w/ a proxy server and iPrism filter. The login page comes up, I enter username and password, hit 'enter' and it comes right back to the login page. It'll...

Get the Client login name? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear all, I need to get the Client system login name to display in each client pages.. I have tried following code it display nothing.. :( You are <%=Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")%> Please anybody suggest right idea to solve this problem.. jena.

Unable to login... winxp [ 8 Answers ]

We are unable to login to any accounts on a Winxp Home machine. All accounts, (even the admin account when booting in safe mode) get to the welcome screen, and then it will say "Saving Settings" and then kick you back out to the login screen again. Doing some searching, I've found this problem,...

View more questions Search