Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jupiterrrr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2013, 06:46 AM
    Williamson Temp-o-matic blower problem
    Hello all.

First off, let me say that I have no experience whatsoever with furnaces. My Williamson Temp-o-matic natural gas furnace (Model 1117-10-6) with 1/3 HP belt-driven motor has made a buzzing sound before the blower starts for several years, and seemed normal. Recently, I've had intermittent blower failure. After further examination, I see that the gas is igniting fine, no odors. After a few minutes of burning, instead of the blower kicking on as it has always done, it makes the buzzing noise, and I see the belt move a little, then it fails. I'm able to manually turn the belt pretty easily. So far, I have removed the filter panel and cleaned the accumulated dust from the moving parts as well as I could, and took my air compressor and blew out what I could. Still no avail. After some reading, it seems as if a capacitor could be the culprit, if my furnace has one. Maybe the motor going bad? I appreciate any and all advice and thoughts as I have no idea what I'm looking at. Thanks in advance!

Check out some similar questions!

Miller furnace that blower won't come on at warmup temp [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Miller model MGHA-077AAFC-01 furnace I have replaced the limit switch and the aux limit switch it will turn on when thermostat calls for heat but blower does not turn on when chamber heats up. I can manualy switch blower on anyone have any ideas thanks

Where is the burner at on a 'temp o matic' [ 1 Answers ]

I know this sounds so stupid. My husband is out of town and sometimes the pilot light goes out. He told me to just light it with a candle lighter but I have no clue where that would be?

My heater furnace blower comes back on after it reaches a set temp [ 3 Answers ]

My heater furnace blower comes back on after it reaches a set temp. In oither words after it gets to set temp it chuts off then a few minutes later it comes back on for a minute than chuts off again.

Coleman electric Furnace blower keeps running after temp is reached [ 4 Answers ]

Older Coleman electric furnce the blower stays on for 5-30 minutes after temp is reached it always shut down 2-3 minutes before any help thanks

When should the blower activate, before or after opr'l temp? [ 5 Answers ]

A Lennox Series gas furnace w/ heatpump Model (80 MGF3/4-100, 12HPB036, C26-41) was installed at the time I had the home built. Things appeared correct in the Furnas assembly as to the sequence of operations, but I did concede I was unfamiliar with how the sequence of events of the heating and...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.