Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tankman1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2013, 02:44 PM
    Steroids
    If I were to take one stack or bottle of steroids (Anadrol 50) to get the gains that it provides in lifting and body looks which usually takes 4 to 6 weeks I've read. Would I keep those gains when the bottle ran out and I stopped taking it? Just having trouble putting on weight and muscle... after my first gains in the gym when I started and its driving nuts!!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2013, 06:44 PM
    You do realize steroids give you teenie weenie syndrome... seriously... the more steroids you take they more your testicles atrophy... they also take a toll on your kidneys and liver.

And the mass you gain from them instead of proper weight training WILL go away over time.

There is no free ride... the only safe way is through hard work and proper nutrition. And that's the longest lasting way.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2013, 02:09 AM
    No you don't keep it, since it was not gained properly
    tankman1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2013, 12:22 PM
    Even if I continue to workout ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2013, 12:33 PM
    You would have to workout much HARDER than you are now to maintain... MAYBE.

If you have trouble putting it on because of how you train or genetic disposition... you won't be able to keep it on after either.
    mhenn Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2013, 11:19 AM
    Take 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight every day. I recommend Gold Standard by Optimum Nutrition. Don't use isolate you need carbs.Take one scoop of pure creatine monohydrate twice a day and drink lots of water with it. Take 2 capsules of Prolab Horny Goat Weed every day. Make sure you use BCAA's after working out for recovery. Use protein at least a half hour before work out and right after within 10 minutes. Then before bedtime also. That's all you need as far as supplements. These are all natural and legal and can be purchased anywhere, I go to Vitamin Shoppe or buy online. Eat as much food as you can. Don't worry about eating fat free or low calorie just eat a lot. I eat KFC, Roast beef, steaks, potatoes, rice, bread, eggs etc. Don't do any cardio except maybe ten minutes before lifting to warm up. If you can warm up in the sauna before that's better I sit in it for 5 to 10 minutes before workout. Then lift as much weight as you can. Max out and use a spotter when necessary. Make sure you give every muscle group at least two days rest before using that group again when lifting. I lift 4-5 days a week. Monday is dumbbell presses 12 sets of 8 reps, 4 on incline, 4 on flat, and 4 on decline, Tuesday I work back and biceps, Wednesday, is all stomach and core, Thursday is legs and shouders, and Friday I do heavy bench. Take Advil when the soreness becomes too much. I weighed 187 pounds and started this routine about a year and a half ago. I now weigh 225 and can bench 310. I couldn't even bench 200 when I started. I have a 34 waist. My cholesteral was 163 on my last test 2 months ago and I'm 55 years old. Before I started lifting my cholesteral was 225. One other thing. I found that I cannot gain muscle and size and burn fat or lose weight at the same time. Impossible. Just build the bulk and muscle first then when you get huge switch to cardio and burn fat and bulk but you keep most of the muscle. This is what works for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Use of steroids [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there guys... wanted to ask what kind of anabolic suppliments should I prefer (as a beginner ). For getting my muscles tight and for proper cutting... I am 5'6 59 kgs mma student... thanks in advance

I need help.. Steroids? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently found out my boyfriend does steroids a few months ago, (we had been dating for about 4 months) I suspected it. We have been dating about 7 months now. I am moving away soon and he always told me he would do everything to make us work, I'm only moving a few hours away. But now he is...

Doxie on steroids [ 2 Answers ]

I've written before about Nina, my 1-1/2 year old mini doxie, After 6 weeks of being sick, the doctor is trying her on steroids. Right now she's on an antibiotic and steroids. Since she's been on the steroids, she seems to be getting back to herself. I've been working with a regular vet and an...

View more questions Search