Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Barbiedolljo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2013, 11:05 AM
    Get lien off house
    How do you pay of the bad debt lien off my house? I too went through a period of unemployment and did not know about that Capital One put a lien on my house until I printed out my credit report and saw it. I was shocked! I'm trying to find a contact number to pay this off. I don't want a lien on my house. I'm not selling, but that lien looks bad on my credit.
    Anyone have a number for me?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 3, 2013, 12:58 PM
    First, its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. To avoid confusion I've moved your post to its own thread.

Do you know what the lien is for? Did you have a mortgage with Capital One? Did they get a judgment against you?

You should be able to go into any Capital One branch and get the proper contact number.

Jan 3, 2013, 04:40 PM
    I have my home loan through a reputable lender and am never late. I had a credit card with capital one several years ago. I was unemployed for a time and defaulted on the credit card. They won a judgement against me. (I did not go to court) I did not know they put a lien on my property until September when I was going to take a trip and got a small signature loan to have extra spending cash. They pulled my credit and told me about it. It's only $1,300 but I still got the loan. I want to get this lien off my property and fix my credit.
    I just have no information on contacting the correct person or dept. There are terrible stories of bad experiences on here and I want to avoid that.
    Thank you for responding.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 3, 2013, 06:50 PM
    The only way you will get the lien off is if you reach a settlement with Capital One. They legally got a judgment and they can enforce that judgment.

I would contact them to see if you can work out a settlement.

Jan 3, 2013, 09:08 PM
    I don't plan on moving or selling so I may wait until I'm 65 and do a reverse mortgage and let them have their 1,300 then. I don't have anyone to leave this home to and I just plan on going with Jesus when He comes.
    I may or may not call them. They already have their judgement. I'll think about it.
    Thanks!
    Jo
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2013, 01:42 AM
    Not sure, but if the debt is not paid, to get a lien they had to sue and get a judgement.

But you start with their customer service, and get a payment plan arranged and have it put into writing, do nothing till that is done.
    I have used CapitalOne for years and years and find them very easy to deal with

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do with lien on house for child support, wrong house/person? [ 1 Answers ]

We recently found out a lien is on our house for somebody that doesn't live here or that we've heard of, for $8,000 in child support. If we have to get a lawyer to clear this up, who do we go after to get the money back we had to spend on the lawyer? We live in Ontario, Canada

I have a lien on my ex-husbands house and properties. Do I have to renew the lien? [ 3 Answers ]

I put a lien on my ex-husbands house and property for the back child support that he owes me.I have been told that I have to go to the courthouse and renew that lien ever so many years. Is this true and how often if it is true.We both live in Tennessee.

Lien on House [ 11 Answers ]

My ex husband has bought a new home, and is planning on buying another one. He is arrears with spousal support, child support and medical reimbursement. I have been down-sized from my job, and am at a place where I NEED the money now. Never acted on this before. I have been told that it is a...

Lien on a House [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, What is the exact procedure to put a lien on a house in Toronto, On, Canada? Thanks in advance! :)

Lien on a house [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question concerning a house that was in my grandmothers and fathers names. She has passed and now the only name on the house is my fathers. We did not know it at the time but she ran up a quite considerable credit card debt. He creditors are now telling my father that they are going to...

View more questions Search