Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fallcolors Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2013, 12:33 PM
    New spirit in a old house?
    About 9 years ago purchased a house, my family and I go there every summer for 3 to 4 months. The first year we had the house completely gutted and redone the construction crew was there all winter. Then 2 years ago our neighors needed the house while they completed there home. So they moved in from Sept to May. This year we rented out the house to a young couple with a little boy and one on the way. Everything was going great they loved everything about the house and area. In Nov they had a new baby still everything was good, but in Christmas eve she said stuff started to happen, lights would flicker, she would see someone outside the shower door, dogs would bark in the middle of the night, and a toy flew across the room and hit her husband in the head. So they moved out 4 days later. I am unsure as to what to do, we have 2 small children and we have never experienced anything like that in the house, neither has anyone else that has stayed there. We have had dogs there and cats but they have never acted strange at all. We were over there they day that they were moving out but I did not get the feeling of being watched, or the house feeling strange. Hope someone has some ideas
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jan 3, 2013, 02:45 PM
    Of course I can't say yes or no about whether a spirit really is there, but let's assume there is.

The age of a home doesn't have too much to do with whether a spirit is there or not. There are also many different reasons a spirit can come into a home. The fact is that you've had two different families live there and you don't know what sort of spiritual baggage they have. There are too many unknowns to explain WHY one would be there.

However, if you are worried about your family going there this is what I suggest. Being that nobody is there any longer that could have invited it in... most likely there remains no RIGHT for it be there any longer. I recommend you speak to a local pastor and have the home prayed for... specifically that if anything is there that it needs to leave as it has no more legal right to be there.

Hope this helps.
    fallcolors Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2013, 06:24 PM
    Would a spirit take that long to show itself, they had been in the house for 5 months before she noticed anything. It the spirit wanted to be noticed would it not make it self know earlier? Don't know if this matters but the new baby was only 4 weeks old when she started to see things.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jan 4, 2013, 02:01 PM
    It's not about whether it wants to be noticed. These spirits are like people(though they never have been), they are intelligent and unique personalities. Why and when they choose to manifest is their own decision. It is also possible that the spirit didn't get there until the manifestations started.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a spirit in my house? [ 13 Answers ]

I have lived in my house for over a year now, and I have a little girl who is 2. When I first moved in I found out that the old man who lived there before me died in the house but that he was a lovely old man,but one day my daughter was in the bath and I left her for a second and when I returned...

Spirit in house [ 6 Answers ]

My grandmother has had a spirit in her house for a couple years now. At first it wasn't anything to be concerned with, she would have pots and pans clattering in the kitchen, or annoyances while reading and such. It has gotten to the point where she cannot stand to be alone in her house because it...

Spirit in my house [ 2 Answers ]

:( Hi my name is Roberta my son who is 18 teen is having a hard time sleeping something is always holding him down I don't no what to do

Is there a spirit in my house [ 8 Answers ]

I am 13 and when ever I sleep in my room no one else can hear this but I hear "Hey!" it freaks me out really bad is there a spirit trying to tell me something please help I'm terrified!! And also my aunt died when I was 5 and she was completely paralized before she died and my mom didn't let me see...

Do I have a spirit in my house [ 2 Answers ]

I have lived in this flat since I was 16 I am now 28 both me and my mum have felt a presence for years but for a wile now it has got stronger, but it only seems to be in my bedroom wich I use but do not sleep in. I sleep in a spear room that was my sisters which also seems to have a presence but...

View more questions Search