Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arya1126 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2013, 07:33 AM
    I have been rectally raped, am I still a virgin?
    I am 22 now. I was around six when it happened.
    Vampiregirl3155 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jan 3, 2013, 10:52 AM
    No, sadly you aren't :( Being a virgin means you never had sex before... I'm sorry
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 3, 2013, 12:00 PM
    If you have never had vaginal sex your hymen could still be tact, technically if so, you are still a virgin. There is not a Hymen in your rectum.
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Jan 5, 2013, 09:50 AM
    I honestly wouldn't worry about the technicalities, you have never had sex willingly. To me the idea of a virgin is just as much a mental thing. Are you apprehensive yet curious about sex? If the answer is yes, your still a virgin in my book, I would just focus on that. :P
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 7, 2013, 02:39 PM
    More really want to respond to a comment by Talaniman. According to the definition of rape anal rape at the age of six is considered sex. It is bright, happy, or shiny, but there is a lot in this world that isn't. Rape is Assault, terrible, and scaring for anyone to go through. I won't front that and I do hope that the man who did this to the OP had his genitals removed, braised in white wine and... well you can continue that train of thought to its logical end.

The definition of a virgin is muddy and unclear. There is one I HEARD a while back that a virgin is "Someone who hasn't been penetrated by a penis." So most men would admit that they're life long virgins. There are ones that go towards sexual intercourse. How does that work with a fleshlight or a dildo? Because a woman could get rid of her hymen with a dildo and never actually have sexual intercourse with a man. Virgin and no hymen.

Rectally? Well it is all about what you want to admit, but it kind of follows the same rules.

In this case it is totally up to what the original poster wants to believe or saw. By the rule of the dictionary, no. She's not a virgin. By the rule of what she wants to say: Sure. Why not.

I didn't mean to ramble so.
    Expert

Jan 7, 2013, 03:23 PM
    I will go by the old definition of virgin; as in women who want to remain 'virgins' until they marry, and hold off having any relations at all with their intended.
    jazzas Posts: 38, Reputation: -3

Jan 12, 2013, 03:47 AM
    Tell the cops ,
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 12, 2013, 04:52 AM
    Given all the interpretations throughout the world and throughout history or the word 'virgin' (and also the term 'having sex'), I would say that if it helps you to be a virgin, then you are one. I would.

I'm very sorry this happened to you, especially when you were so young, and if you want to talk about how it is affecting your ability to have close relationships, we are here.
    Expert

Jan 12, 2013, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzas View Post
    tell the cops ,
    Is this the best advice you can offer?
    Alex333 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2013, 06:27 AM
    You are not a virgin because you are raped.But mentaly you are.
    Expert

Jan 12, 2013, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex333 View Post
    You are not a virgin because you are raped.But mentaly you are.
    OP was rectally raped; not vaginally.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2013, 07:20 AM
    Why does it matter about how we define a word, it does not change what happened, nor does it change the sexual acts that occurred.

Why are you , the poster concerned, this is just about you, and if you are, or if you are not, is not really an issue that should be a concern.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2013, 02:58 PM
    "Is this the best advice you can offer?"

Apparently it is - and keep in mind it comes from an Attorney.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 13, 2013, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    "Is this the best advice you can offer?"

Apparently it is - and keep in mind it comes from an Attorney.
    Claims to be one.
    I'm not convinced, from all his other answers, and also from poor grammar like 'she could have eaten something bad.'
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2013, 04:37 PM
    UK and an Attorney, not a barrister or solicitor?

Shades of - what was her name? The woman who killed her husband off on line?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend been raped and I want to know if she is a virgin? [ 8 Answers ]

MY FRIEND haded a sleep over with her friend hause and her friend was sleeping in her bed with her his brother was sleeping in the other bed my friend was sleeping and his brother tuch her and he RAPED HER . HELP ME Please.

Am I a virgin if I was raped? [ 5 Answers ]

This is really hard to talk about... Two years ago, at summer camp, I was raped by my friend. We were playing are you nervous and I never got nervous, and he knew that. He also knew that I had a crush on him. He suggested that we go somewhere else and I said yes. Before I could sit down, he...

Are you still a virgin if you've been raped? [ 28 Answers ]

Imagine you met a 21yr old girl you started to like. After a few weeks she tells you she's a virgin, then she tells you she got raped (while she got drugged) a few years ago and this is partly the reason why she haven't had sex yet. How would you react to this? And in what ways would you think...

View more questions Search