Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Apr 12, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Children don't need both origanal parent's. Sometime's having a sep-parent is better then the real one's. Sometime's having one parent can be a good thing. Sometime's being adopted is good as well. It depends on the situation/s. The court system thinks only to make the women happy, hardly ever about the man. Or this is true with my uncle's case. But no one care's. My uncle is devorced and his witch of a x is NOT a parent. What kind of mom would make her kids move just because she was selfish and wanted ALL the money and nameless other things? Sometime's people don't deserve to be parent's, the court is wrong sometime's and that's my point. If you ever disagree then fight for your belief's.
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 11:05 AM
    I agree with you totally Ryanefreak, but for some reason, I wasn't able to 'rate' your answer to tell you. But you are right, most court systems and people are going to take the mother's side with out really thinking about the facts.
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Apr 12, 2007, 10:33 PM
    I would guess that most people here taking the anti-abortion side are parents, while their pro choice counterparts are not. For anyone who has a child and loves him or her, it is impossible to imagine life without them, even if they were conceived in less than desirable circumstances. However, even those who think abortion is OK in some situations (as I do) can not deny that although the final decision lies in the mother's hands, the father already knows that this is the way things work before having sex. Therefore he has no legitimate basis for expecting a woman to follow his desires to abort a baby. The courts give women the right to choose because it is the woman's body that shelters and grows the child. It is the woman who has to physically change and be capable of caring for the unborn baby in her womb. It is the woman who risks the health problems that can result from having a child. It is the woman, in this sort of situation, who is ALONE, with no partner to support her during pregnancy or delivery, or God forbid a miscarriage or stillbirth. Yet she is willing to take on this incredible challenge by herself. No uninvolved man has any right to tell her whether she should mother her own child. And he has no right to walk away from his child either. He could have opted not to have sex, or to use birth control. Instead he helped create a baby. There are consequences for that, but there is also great reward.

Apr 13, 2007, 08:37 AM
    I too am a pro-choice parent. As I stated, it was just a guess. Adoption is a great alternative, but is equally not always a viable option when one parent wants the child and the other does not, since both parents have to sign away their rights. In the case of the OP here, he says she plans to keep the baby and he doesn't want to. So while he has asked her to abort, she has chosen not to. He would probably be agreeable to adoption, but it doesn't sound like she would based on what he wrote. Maybe one day she will find a guy who wants to be a father to her child, then the OP can allow him to adopt their child.
    brooklyn1380 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Apr 13, 2007, 11:04 PM
    I Have A 6 Year Old Son Who's "donor" Signed Over Every Single Right He Had When My Son Was 9 Months Old, He Did Not Pay Child Support After That And He Never Paid It Before That So There Is No Difference There. He Has Not Called Or Tried To Contact Me Since 2001 And My Son Is Better Off, He Never Treated Me Good For 2 Years And He Would Have Never Treated My Son Good. I Live In Pennsylvania And That's Our Law Here, But Just Some Words Of Advice Think Long And Hard Before You Go Down That Road, It Might Seem Hard Now To Think Of Being A Father But Having A Child Is A Wonderful Thing, Just Because You Have A Child Doesn't Mean You Have To Be The Mothers Boyfriend, That Child Will Always Have You Has His/her Dad, Give It A Chance, You Will Regret It Maybe Not Now But Eventually You Will Believe Me. Good Luck!!

Brook
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 14, 2007, 04:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by brooklyn1380
    I Have A 6 Year Old Son Who's "donor" Signed Over Every Single Right He Had When My Son Was 9 Months Old, He Did Not Pay Child Support After That And He Never Paid It Before That So There Is No Difference There. ... I Live In Pennsylvania And Thats Our Law Here,
    If he has not paid child support, that's because you haven't required it. If you pursued support through the courts, he would have to pay. I don't know of any state laws that allow a bio father to voluntarily and legally not pay support.
    brooklyn1380 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Apr 14, 2007, 11:03 AM
    In Pennsylvania When You Sign Over Every Single Right You Have As A Parent There Is No Way To Get Child Support, Basically It's Almost Like He Disappears Off The Face Of The Earth (which He Did), He Has No Rights At All As A Parent Therefore Not Even Being Eligible To Pay For Suupport For A Child That He Gave Away.

Brook

Apr 14, 2007, 02:23 PM
    I too am from PA, can not find one single case where giving up parental rights resulted in giving up parental obligations. Every site I've been to says the same thing... You may be able to give up rights, but you still have to financially support your child. It can even be difficult to give up rights, as a judge must agree that it is in the best interest of the child. There was a case in PA in 2005 where a sperm donor was sued for child support... and lost! The state Supreme Court upheld the family court's decision. As far as I know the donor planned to file an appeal at the US Supreme Court level.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 14, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Brook, See what vlee said. I think you are completely wrong in this. If you can cite one stature or rulling that supports your contention, please do. But unless you can back up what you say, especially when it contradcits what several other people have said, please don't give misinformation. We pride ourselves on the quality of the advice we give here. Incorrect advice will be corrected.
    Gina77 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rexero2007
    I am an 18 yr old male in michigan . i got my ex girlfriend pregnant right before we broke up. she refuses to get an abortion because she really hates me and wants to do this as revenge in her own words she wants to "take me for every dollar i have" . I have offered to pay for an abortion and she even said she went and got one on her own only to find out months later that she still hasnt got one. My question is if i sign away my rights will I still have to pay child support for a child she is trying to use against me
    Ok, I quit reading responses because this post has gotten way out of hand.

Let’s look at it this way:
    1) It takes 2 people to make a baby... Rex, if you didn't want a child at 18 then honestly you should have been protected so that would not happen. And vice versa, she should have been protected also if she didn't want a child.

2) Abortion SHOULD NOT be used as a form of birth control. That (in MY opinion) is stupidity on anyone’s part. Again, if you are not ready for a child then PROTECT yourself.

3) You are upset, I understand. Maybe she said that because she is upset too. She was in a relationship that went sour (for reasons none of us know) and after you broke up she finds out she is pregnant. She probably was not expecting the response that she got from you and she lashed out. That is completely wrong of her and any "parent" that would use a child against the other parent just to "take you for every dollar you have" should not be a parent at all.

Unfortunately, you are in a world that no longer looks at things realistically. This world has become not about equal rights but about switching roles. Instead of giving us women the right to equality we have now been given the upper hand against men. To all those that have said "It is our body" I say this. Yes it is OUR body, but it is also Their baby too. The father should have an option in this too. If you want to have this baby and he does not, then he should have the right to not be ANY part of this child's life just as you have the right to have it. Same goes for men who want the child and the women does not, but that is a different post.
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Comment on Gina77's post
    Right on! I agree with you 100%!!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 03:15 PM

This thread is THREE YEARS OLD.

CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Signing over rights [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a child from this girl, she has put him on child support But now he's considering signing over his paternal rights. He has recently stopped working and can no longer pay child support. If he signs over his rights will he still be obligated to pay for child support or any back...

Signing over rights what can we do [ 13 Answers ]

My husband is being served with child support papers and he hasn't seen the child since he was born because she ran him off and told him to leave and not come back now she is wanting child support we are wondering if there is anyway he can just give up all his rights and that be the end of it...

Signing over rights [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend signed over his rights last December and his ex's new husband adopted the little girl. He still had to pay child support, which the state of AZ took out of his paychecks, all the way up until a few months ago. His work finally received letters stating that the child support was...

Signing you rights over [ 2 Answers ]

My husband pays child support on his son, and he never see's him well he recently switched jobs and where as on the previous job this job does not provide health insurance, well we got a phone call from the child support office saying we had 20 days to comply with covering his son with insurance...

Signing over rights [ 4 Answers ]

I have someone that wants to sign her baby over to me. Does that mean a Home Study has to be done? Or can paper work just be signed? :confused:

View more questions Search