Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrodkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2013, 11:18 PM
    Personal Finance Questions
    The example states:
    "What are the after tax mortgage payments on a $200,000, 30 year fixed rate mortgage that has an annual fixed interest rate of 5%? Payments are made monthly."

The question is:
    There is a problem with this exam problem. What is it?

Am I right in saying that in order to find the after-tax mortgage payments, we need the tax % or brackets - which this example does not provide?
    ArcSine Posts: 969, Reputation: 106

Jan 2, 2013, 08:54 AM
    That'd be my guess.

While a simple amortization schedule could tell you the principle / interest composition of each payment, one would also need to know the payer's marginal tax rate in order to figure the after-tax net amount of each monthly payment, as this would vary from individual to individual.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personal finance [ 4 Answers ]

For a interest checking there is a monthly service charge of $7; interest of 3%, compounded daily. With a minimum balance of $1500, the monthly charge is waived

Personal finance software without revealing personal information [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any personal finance software that doesn't require you to put in your personal information.I just need something that I can add and subtract on my own without giving all my personal information to a for profit corporation. I don't need a separate company to keep track of all my banking, I...

Finance Questions [ 3 Answers ]

2. Which of the following should be classified on the balance sheet as short-term (current) liabilities? That portion of a 5-year 30-year bonds due within one insurance policy to be year of the balance sheet...

Personal finance software - Quicken vs. Online (mint.com) [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there, I've been looking into getting personal finance software to track all of my online accounts (banking, credit cards, IRAs, stocks, etc.). Quicken was my default option because it's the only software that I knew about, at the time. I recently learned about a website called Mint.com that...

View more questions Search