Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 1, 2013, 11:51 PM
    You're a natural!

There's no adding or subtracting or math work, just recognizing which is more or less. Good job!

Want to try a harder one?
    despicableme Posts: 145, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2013, 11:54 PM
    I'm not a natural this is something anyone could do. Ok I'll try harder one. But with all this practice anyway? Not that I'm discrediting anything your doing for me I appreciate but there are not guarantees their any openings.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 12:00 AM
    No, not just anyone could do this. I've done quickie quizzes with many teens and adults. You'd be shocked at how many "failed." The best ones are the people with autism!

Here's the basic rundown of what number category various subjects are found under --

000 – Computer science, Library and Information science & general work
    100 – Philosophy and psychology
    200 – Religion
    300 – Social sciences
    400 – Language
    500 – Science
    600 – Technology
    700 – Arts
    800 – Literature
    900 – History, geography & biography

I'll prepare your next quiz. :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 12:01 AM

Jan 2, 2013, 12:01 AM
    Righto- Wondergirl ^^ Oh and thank you I am feeling a bit better now.

Jan 2, 2013, 12:03 AM
    I hope this is right.
    Wait so these numbers are for social sciences?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2013, 12:09 AM
    How to be more positive and come up with a list of positive things:

For example, instead of deflecting someone complimenting you on doing well no the quiz as you did above ("I'm not a natural..."), try this: "Thank you for the nice compliment! I'd be glad to try the harder question...bring it on!"

There's no reason to be embarrassed that you know how to do some things. For example you could start with:

- I enjoy reading and writing
    - I am computer literate

Don't overthink it... just write down everything good you can think of about yourself. When you start thinking negatively, read the list and try to think about the good things about you.

Also stop thinking of fixable problems as permanent conditions. Instead of "I'm Obese" how about, "I'm making progress on my weight loss goals". Of course, you have to make that effort but as soon as you start working on it, you'll be making progress.

And some things, like being shy, are not bad things. Read up on the advantages of shyness - there are many.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 12:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by despicableme View Post
    Wait so these numbers are for social sciences?
    Yes. You want some from sports or job hunting? :)

I tricked you -- the correct order is

323.5 (not .05)

Be sure to read the number correctly. I used to confuse 322 and 323 for some reason.

Jan 2, 2013, 12:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    How to be more positive and come up with a list of positive things:

For example, instead of deflecting someone complimenting you on doing well no the quiz as you did above ("I'm not a natural..."), try this: "Thank you for the nice compliment! I'd be glad to try the harder question...bring it on!"

There's no reason to be embarassed that you know how to do some things. For example you could start with:

- I enjoy read and writing
    - I am computer literate

Don't overthink it...just write down everything good you can think of about yourself. when you start thinking negatively, read the list and try to think about the good things about you.

Also stop thinking of fixable problems as permanent conditions. Instead of "I'm Obese" how about, "I'm making progress on my weight loss goals". Of course, you have to make that effort but as soon as you start working on it, you'll be making progress.

And some things, like being shy, are not bad things. Read up on the advantages of shyness - there are many.
    Those so called "advantages" doesn't seem so great at all compared to the more outgoing counterparts, which by the way are praised in society than more introverted, shy individuals. When have you ever seen a job posting say they wanted shy introverted individuals?

- I enjoy reading. Ok.
    -I am computer illiterate. All right.

But millions of people enjoy reading and is damn near every teenager that has a computer is "computer illiterate" that doesn't mean anything to any employers that anyone else doesn't have.

Jan 2, 2013, 12:24 AM
    See I don't want to do this anymore. I made a freakin mistake that could have causes a business millions. I couldn't even do that right and had plenty of time.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 12:24 AM
    Should I tell you about my shy, introverted autistic son who has happily shelved books (and done other stuff once he got his feet wet) at a public library for 23 years?

Jan 2, 2013, 12:25 AM
    If you want to.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 12:26 AM
    See I don't want to do this anymore. I made a freakin mistake that could of causes a business millions. I couldn't even do that right and had plenty of time.
    In a public library, it won't cost anyone any money, you will not be beaten in the alleyway, and it is easily corrected.

Now that you know the pitfall, do this one --

Jan 2, 2013, 12:31 AM

Is that it?

Jan 2, 2013, 12:33 AM
    So uhh what other stuff has your son done besides shelving books?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 12:34 AM

is that it?
    Not quite. Pretend there are zeros after each number to make the string an even length.

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 12:38 AM
    so uhh what other stuff has your son done besides shelving books?
    He has helped set up the meeting room for events, he has filed various things for the circulation clerks, he has shelved reference books, he has taught patrons how to use some of the equipment back when there were microfilm readers, and he has taken "lost" patrons to the reference desk for help. He hates talking to strangers and even to coworkers, and usually minds his own business, but keeps the books neat and in good order..
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 12:40 AM
    If I could hire you, I'd probably even consider you to do copy cataloging. Then you would work in tech services (away from patrons), sitting at a computer, and would enter library materials into the library database.

Jan 2, 2013, 12:41 AM
    See I give up this is too hard. Yeah what happen to being a "natural?" yeah right.

Is this it?

Gawd, I hate math.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 12:41 AM
    Beautiful!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

No job experience, what to put on a resume? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm filling out an application and they're asking me my employment history. I've never heard a job before but I do have some volunteer experience from high school to college and have been a part of some clubs. The ones I want to out down, I remember the names, but not the numbers and I haven't...

I have a Master's and I am interviewing for a Bachelor's level research job. [ 0 Answers ]

The pay is pretty low, but on a range. Can I expect to get paid more than the minimum due to my degree? It's at a major hospital I worked at as a student and I do have some research experience.

I was not given a job description until I was written up for poor job performance. [ 4 Answers ]

When I was hired as a manager but I was not given a job description until I was written up for poor job performance. I was demoted with a $5.50 per hour pay cut and transferred to another job site as a receptionist clerk. I was terminated 3 days ago without any notice given and have yet to receive...

Interviewing for a management position at my current job [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, So, I have an interview tomorrow morning for a supervisor position at work. I'm a caregiver, and I'd be supervising 4 other people. I've been employed with this company for 4 months, but as a caregiver for 2 years. Can people help me prepare for the interview? I've never...

View more questions Search