Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jay123233 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2013, 10:33 AM
    Enlist in the marines ocs with criminal history
    I was arrested once for jumping over the turnstile without pay in ny, charged with a misdemeanor but was ultimately dropped. How will this affect my chances to get accepted into the marines officer candidate school?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2013, 10:42 AM
    I'm also in NY.

Why was the charge "dropped?"

This is a relatively minor charge - theft of services, most likely BUT the Marines want the best of the best. Only way to know is to ask and have the Marines "run" your record, make a determination.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 1, 2013, 02:04 PM
    If this was really dropped then there is no criminal record and no conviction, If you paid no fine, if you were not on any first offender program, if you did not do any community serivce, then it was dropped.

But the arrest will still show up most likely for the level of check the marines will and can do. So be ready to honestly explain this.

I would say that it may cause some issues, and if there are many other canidates even hurt your chances, but you can try, that is all you can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal history - adoption [ 1 Answers ]

In 1996, when I was 21, I lived with 4 other guys. We hosted a large house party where people under the age of 17 were allegedly drinking. The following day, the police arrived and asked us about the incident – specifically – they wanted to know who served the minors alcohol. The...

Criminal History [ 7 Answers ]

I have been told that after a 10 year period - a person does not have to disclose their criminal history on employment applications. Can anyone confirm this statement.

Criminal history [ 3 Answers ]

How can I help my husband get a job. He told his xwife I'm going to kill you but because he was angry she was cheating on him to the custody of kids and let put him in jail.

View more questions Search