Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsBarnes Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2012, 09:20 PM
    Dreams about cutting my cats 'to death'!
    I've been having A LOT of horror dreams like having facial hair and a hairy chest (I'm a girl) well tonight's dream topped it off. In my dream I had to cut my four cats each night and then in the morning they were reborn into kittens. In my dream the whole family new this had to be done and I usuallywould wait for my son to go to bed so he could say his goodnight to the cats but I accidentally cut them before he said goodnight and he went to pet one goodnight but it was in a pool of blood. He began crying and as soon as I saw what I had SSD one I swept him in my arms apologized and told him he knew it had to be done so they'd come back tomorrow and he cried in my arms and then I woke up. I feel mortified and confused!
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Dec 31, 2012, 10:01 PM
    Did you just recently end a relationship? Or perhaps a major change in your life?

Dec 31, 2012, 10:08 PM
    No I don't think so... I've had a lot of fears lately of getting old and being less attractive to my spouse... kind of strange I guess?
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Dec 31, 2012, 10:39 PM
    Cats usually signifies feminism. Hair usually signifies vanity. Mutilation usually means death and rebirth, which is happwning in your dreams. You are killing your cats to be reborn as kittens.

You say that you fear getting old as well as not feeling attractive to your husband which may explain having a hairy chest. You could be doubting the way your body looks. Perhaps the rebirth of the kittens is a 'wanting' or 'craving' to be young again, which also explains your fear of aging.

Jan 1, 2013, 01:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    Cats usually signifies feminism. Hair usually signifies vanity. Mutilation usually means death and rebirth, which is happwning in your dreams. You are killing your cats to be reborn as kittens.

You say that you fear getting old as well as not feeling attractive to your husband which may explain having a hairy chest. You could be doubting the way your body looks. Perhaps the rebirth of the kittens is a 'wanting' or 'craving' to be young again, which also explains your fear of aging.
    Wow! That actually makes A LOT of sense I have been fixating on my looks lately... sadly I recently turned 25 and have been really struggling with it. I feel that its all down hill from here. It's like I'm a flower that's reached its full bloom and now it's nothing but wilting from here...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 1, 2013, 07:50 AM
    25, yikes. I'm 66. When I think back to 25 or look at pictures, I was young, young, young. I suspect that you are too. Maybe it's time to examine your feelings (and how your husband expresses his feelings toward you).
    When you said cut the cats, I immediately thought of a news item I saw last night about a couple arrested for doing videos of torture and killing of cats and dogs, for sale to death fetishists. Often our dreams incorporate a recent memory, other times a very old one.

Jan 2, 2013, 08:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    25, yikes. I'm 66. When I think back to 25 or look at pictures, I was young, young, young. I suspect that you are too. Maybe it's time to examine your feelings (and how your husband expresses his feelings toward you).
    When you said cut the cats, I immediately thought of a news item I saw last night about a couple arrested for doing videos of torture and killing of cats and dogs, for sale to death fetishists. Often our dreams incorporate a recent memory, other times a very old one.
    The closest thing I have to a memory would be in a video game I am playing you hunt animals ans then take the skins. It doesn't show anything just a stab with the knife and then u get a fur to trade or sell so maybe that does have something to with it... guess I never put two and two together. I lovey cats though they are my children I think that's why it was so frightening because they have been with me for so many years my dreams made no sense!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 2, 2013, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBarnes View Post
    Wow!! That actually makes A LOT of sense I have been fixating on my looks lately....sadly I recently turned 25 and have been really struggling with it. I feel that its all down hill from here. It's like I'm a flower that's reached its full bloom and now it's nothing but wilting from here...
    25 and you feel old? I really feel like telling you off right about now. I'm 42.

If you feel old at 25, then you need therapy to deal with this, because frankly, you'll only get older. Deal with this issue now, otherwise you'll be a wreck when you turn 40.

Jan 2, 2013, 11:04 PM
    Yeah I probably do need therapy. However I just think of how fast the last 7 years went and time just keeps going by faster and faster and I do feel like I am aging. My body is changing and I'm not the same awesome body person I was five years ago. It's all a self esteem issue I'm sure and I know I'm having cognitive thinking errors its just hard to see myself in any other aspect but getting older. I don't want to age... but I don't want to die either so I suppose aging is better.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 3, 2013, 07:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBarnes View Post
    Yeah I probably do need therapy. However I just think of how fast the last 7 years went and time just keeps going by faster and faster and I do feel like I am aging. My body is changing and I'm not the same awesome body person I was five years ago. It's all a self esteem issue I'm sure and I know I'm having cognitive thinking errors its just hard to see myself in any other aspect but getting older. I don't want to age....but I don't want to die either so I suppose aging is better.
    I am with ally on this one. I am 70 and feel great! So give yourself a slap up the side of the head before you really get into that washed-up-in-my-twenties-thingy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smell of death dreams [ 3 Answers ]

For the past 2 days I have been having dreams that actually smell like death, Is there a meaning or something I should know about these dreams I have been having. Please let me know if there is anyone that knows about these drese I am having.

Dreams of death [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me what my dreams might mean! One night I had a dream I was walking down the hall at my college with my grandma she had told me my sister was dead and I was denying it because I would see and talk to my sister in my dreams. Then I had a dream where I was talking to my same sister...

Dreams of death and murder [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone could help me . Ive had dreams of being murdered since my early teens and I don't understand what they mean. In almost every dream I'm shot to death and I always get the same feeling of my life fading which is very uncomfortable. In some cases it was accidental... but...

Dreams of death [ 1 Answers ]

I have been looking around for any explanation for the chain of dreams I've been having. These dreams I have all revolve around me dying in some bizarre manner. The first of these dreams was really quite vivid where I was shot in the head four times in my car at a parking structure while I was...

Sensing Death and dreams [ 3 Answers ]

A couple of years ago this happened to me in my old house. I don't know if it was a dream, or a halucination or what, but after reading a few stories here it was brought back into my mind. It was early in the morning, probably about 3:30am and dark. I wasn't feeling very well and was in bed. I...

View more questions Search