Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    June Huckeba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 05:08 PM
    My dog won't eat
    I have a miniature toy poodle who up to a week ago was a great eater. All of a sudden she is not eating. I have tried numerous brands of dog food both soft and hard. She doesn't even eat her usual favorite. I don't think there is a medical problem because she will eat people food (meat). She has not had a whole lot of exposure to people food because she has always been a good eater. She is 4 years old, and I am worried. She will drink water OK and seems to be herself. She will walk up to the dish, sniff it and walk away. Please help, I need advice on what to offer her to get her to eat the dog food. She is losing weight.
    HomeopathyResource Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Hmm, when my cat started acting like that he turned out to have a dental problem. Have you had your dog checked out by a vet?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Go to the ''My dog won't eat.'' section of the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171 With a little luck you can get the dog into the vet before the weekend. Only in exceptional circumstances is tempting the dog with rich food the correct answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is 2 years old and he will not eat his dried dog food! [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have two dogs pal and buddy now buddy is 2 and pal is 8 I have had these dogs for there hole life and about a month ago we had to change there food now pal was fine with this she eats her food all at once so did buddy but once we put them back to there regular diet pal was fine and so...

Old dog won't eat [ 2 Answers ]

After having a tooth removal and having a bad reaction from the antibiotics my 12 year old Dalmatian stopped eating and drinking. She has be been on an intravenous fluids for three days and is due to come home today. She has began drinking but won't eat. She has not eaten in five days. She use to...

My dog won't eat! [ 6 Answers ]

So, My dog won't eat! I've tried every brand of hard and soft. He will eat one type but the next day, he turn his face. I tried making him some rice and chicken. He ate that but then wouldn't touch it. He has lost a bit of weight. Does anybody know what I should do? :confused: ...

Why won't my dog eat anything? [ 3 Answers ]

I have just adopted a 4 year old japanese chin, and she was spayed the morning I picked her up. For the first few days she didn't each much, which I expected. Then by the second week she was running around and eating well. Now, into the third week, she won't eat ANY, AND I MEAN ANY, food, I...

My dog won't eat! 2 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 10 months old Shih-tzu mix. I recently discovered the food I have been feeding him are not quite what I thought it would be, so I am trying to switch him to a better quality brand. At the first 2 mean when I try to mix the new kibbles in just a bit, he ate like usual, with excitement :D...

View more questions Search