Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2012, 06:51 AM
    Politics
    Hello:

I'm not smart enough to know what's going on behind the scenes. I think Obama was trying to make a deal. Krauthammer, who's much smarter than me, thinks Obama set out to DESTROY the Republicans. Now, of course, he's MUCH too nice a guy to even think such thoughts.

But, IF he did, don't they deserve it? From the git go, didn't THEY set out to DESTROY his presidency? They did, didn't they? Turnabout IS fair play.

Hillary in a landslide.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2012, 07:32 AM
    Nice guy? Bwa ha ha ha ha!! Obama is a jackass to put it mildly.
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2012, 07:44 AM
    Hello Steve:

So, he IS kicking Republican a$$!

excon
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 31, 2012, 07:48 AM
    So, he IS kicking Republican a$$!
    Not exactly. He's turning the US into an international laughing stock.
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2012, 07:59 AM
    Hello again, J, and you too, Steve:

I could say the same thing about the recalcitrant Republicans, and DO.

But my question, this time, wasn't about who's right or wrong. It's about who's WINNING the political contest REGARDLESS of correctness of thought.

Is Krauthammer right?

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2012, 08:14 AM
    Did you miss the last election?
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2012, 08:25 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Did you miss the last election?
    No, I pay attention. But, it seems that it's the Tea Party who missed it.

Oh, I KNOW they BELIEVE they're doing the work they were sent to do. I LOVE that kind of dedication. In fact, I'd be JUST like 'em if I were a congressman... And, THAT'S exactly why I'm NOT. Ideologues, like ME, don't govern well. The Tea Party can't distinguish being RIGHT (at least in THEIR minds), from LOSING the political contest, and living to fight another day.

Seems to me they're willing to go down in flames, and take us with them.

Excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2012, 09:05 AM
    I find it ironic when those who think spending our great-great-great-great-grand children's money is a good thing whine about conservatives taking them down in flames.
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2012, 10:31 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Buddy, you MISSED it again.. It's NOT about who's right. It's about WINNING the political war so you have, at the very least, a SHOT at getting what you want...

But, if you LOSE the war, and that's what me and Krauthammer THINK is happening, then they'll NEVER EVER again have a shot at getting what they want...

That's what governing is. I don't think either YOU or the Tea Party get that.

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2012, 10:54 AM
    I know who's winning the political war, but we should just give him everything he wants? That is after all the liberal's understanding of compromise.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2012, 11:58 AM
    2004 Bush won . He set out to reform Social Security and the Dems who had lost the election decided that the election did not matter; and that they would set about to do what their constituents sent them to Washington to do. That is the way politics is played in this country. We don't have a Parliamentary system . I supposed that is what the Dems would like since they would like to Europeanize this country . But that isn't how it works. If the President wants his agenda. It is up to him to sit down and get all the ducks in a row... including the quacks in his own party like Harry Reid ;who the President really needs to take out to the wood shed.
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2013, 06:52 AM
    Hello again,

Is it just me, or are we witnessing the destruction of the Republican party?

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2013, 07:05 AM
    Is it just me, or are we witnessing the destruction of the Republican party?
    I've noticed several articles saying the same thing.
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2013, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

Is it just me, or are we witnessing the destruction of the Republican party??

excon
    No, and I'm sure Dingy Harry is none too pleased that McConnell went over his head to get his do-nothing senate to act.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 4, 2013, 04:41 PM
    I don't want to whup the right into submission, but what's a liberal to do when they keep hollering all kinds of crazy stuff? Even Krauthammer is tired of all that right wing noise. When is this election over any way?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2013, 04:52 PM
    News Flash -- WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Congress formally confirmed on Friday [today], nearly two months after polls closed, that President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden won the 2012 White House election, 332-206.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2013, 05:47 PM
    Do you watch FOX News Network? Or any of the other National News Networks?
    Hussain Obama spent more money (5 Trillion dollars) in his first 2 years than all presidents total in our History! Who will pay for this? Obama tells more lies than any president in our History. He says he is a Christian, but has NEVER gone back to the Rev. Wright's church in Chicago, where he supposedly became a Christian. He is reported by FOX to have been in church only 3 times in the last 4 yrs... My opinion, is that since he was born a Muslim, raised a Muslim, he is a Muslim, and not a Christian..,. another lie.
    He said last week that he would NOT raise taxes on the middle class. However, his Obama Care Health law (rammed through by Harry Reid and Nancy Peloci) contains new taxes, started Jan. 1, 2013, in that all of us with interest, dividends, or investments, now have to pay an additional 3.8% in new TAX. Also, the Social Security Tax is now 2% higher for all working Americans... these are taxes on all of us, uncluding the Middle Class... another lie.
    You think he is out to destroy the Republican Party? He sure is. He has no Birth Certificate, would not show it during 2008 or 2009. He has NO record of being an Assoc. Prof. of Law at Harvard, and NO record of attending classes there... they are supposedly sealed... so, where do you think this President came from??
    He is supported by the Ultra Liberals of the Left Wing of America (and elsewhere) with so much money, that it bought him the Presidency.
    The majority of American Voters voted him into the Presidency again for 2013, because most are on some kind of Gov't welfare programs. Some deserve it, some don't.
    Another lie is that he said Millions of dollars were saved by his cutting Medicare Fraud... but, NO ONE every saw any News Networks reporting this to the public... only he said it was true!
    This is the WORST President this country has every had, spending a Million dollars a day, with NO WAY to pay for it. All the tax increases in America cannot come close to what the Democrats are now spending, and a lot of Republicans, too.
    So, for the ending, whatever any news announcer says about Obama, from FOX, is probably true. Whatever anyone from ABC (All Barack Channel) says is only the positive, which isn't much. And, NBC and CBS are all Democrat stations, contributing 20 times as much to Democrats as Republicans.
    Obama bought 2 Presidencies, and will take many, many years to get 20 million people back to work, if ever.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2013, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

Is it just me, or are we witnessing the destruction of the Republican party??

excon
    I expect they are reinventing themselves Ex, gone will be the rabid T Party types and in their place will be caring, feeling, metro-sexual types
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2013, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I expect they are reinventing themselves Ex, gone will be the rabid T Party types and in their place will be caring, feeling, metro-sexual types
    Also, some women, Latinos, gays, and all other minorities?
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2013, 08:15 PM
    Hello fredg, Birther:

Yawnnn.. He WON. Get over it.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Politics [ 6 Answers ]

Whether Democrat or Republican, I think you'll get a kick out of this! A little boy goes to his dad and asks, 'What is Politics?' Dad says, 'Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I am the head of the family, so call me The President. Your mother is the administrator of the...

Politics [ 3 Answers ]

Why and when did the Democratic states change from red to blue?

Politics [ 31 Answers ]

This is paste from an excerpt online:Is a Police State inevitable, due to the power of data processing? Or can we put the genie back in the bottle? Bin Laden whispers a threat under a bush in a desert oasis and the CIA/NSA/FBI spends a few billion. And we wonder why we have inflation? I conclude.....

View more questions Search