Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GeorgeBorge Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2012, 05:33 PM
    Do we really need School after High school or should we just Make Kids get jobs?
    Many people now adays who have graduated from COllege have found out it was just a waste of time AND money with huge loans.

Why are schools continuing to push kids to go to COllege and Parents too.. they just want to continue the false dream of college and push it on their kids.

I personally went to college cause I felt forced by peer/parent pressure but I had no idea what I was doing or about my future. Had no career ideas or nothing I just went through the motions.

If a kid doesn't have a career type/entrepeneur personality by high school, there's no point in going to college.

I'm just now stuck with a huge loan I can never pay.
    Ps I have learning disablitity
    Animallova Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2012, 05:37 PM
    To be honest, I would never push my kid to go to college, I would let him/her do what they want to do in there life. I am sorry college was a waste of time for you , but it could be different for others
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2012, 05:52 PM
    In high school there should be options presented for after graduation--a job, the military, a technical school, community college with certificate programs, or a four-year college -- or some combination of those. We were given personality and interest tests and then those were discussed with us by the guidance counselors, so that each student (along with his parents) could make decisions on what type of jobs or careers he could head toward after high school. Internships were encouraged so students could try out various job possibilities -- daycare or teaching or auto mechanics or cooking were some of them.

That kind of plan should be available at every high school and even begin in middle school.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2012, 02:17 AM
    Because even lower jobs, the person with college will get the job first normally.

The issue here is, large student loans, if they go to JR colleges, live at home, there will be little or no loans to pay

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jobs for young kids [ 1 Answers ]

I am good with kids, good at drawing,making things, taking care of dogs,so if anyone's were I can get a good job were it gets paid please were good I get one were they accept 11 year old people because I want to get some airsoft stuff

Can my husband get my kids if he kicks me out on a (kids)school night? [ 4 Answers ]

We had an disagreement, and he took my keys, The kids are at home with him... He sent me to my sisters house... he said that because I left I was "abandoning" my kids, (and I am screwed)but it is a school night and the school is across the street from our house... so... does he automatically get...

My teenage kids have their own jobs, can I still claim them as my dependents? [ 7 Answers ]

I have two teenage children (one is 18, one is almost 17). They both have after school/weekend jobs. Can I still claim them on my taxes if they work? If I claim them, will they be able to file a tax return? I am a single mother and their dad does not have any sort of custody. He pays child...

Is is a poll for any middle school or high school kids about drugs? [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of drugs are being sold at your schools? How easy is it to get? Where are you from? This is a seriouse question I'm curiouse to no if it matters where you are from or if all schools are alike...

View more questions Search