Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Jan 19, 2005, 01:03 AM
    Opening .fox files
    I have a whole bunch of .fox file that I want to view. Can anybody tell me what I need to do that?

Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 19, 2005, 08:30 AM
    I couldn't find any reference to .fox file format. Where did you get these files from?
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Jan 19, 2005, 01:34 PM
    .fox files are made from a program called FoxBase which preceded FoxPro. These are very old files and I need to access the code as I am trying to get them to work in Windows XP.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2005, 07:05 AM
    I would try opening the files in Notepad. If the files are not data but program code, they are probably plain text. If they are data files, you will need the Foxbase program to open them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Opening to a New Window [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I don't know if there's a way to do this, but I am trying to write an E-mail with a "link" on it. That link obviously leads to another webpage, and what I would like to happen is to manipulate that webpage's appearance; taking out the address bar, menu bar, tool bar, scrollbar, and...

Opening Toughbook cf-47 [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a Laptop on Ebay, and want to put in my hard drive. However, I am having trouble getting the thing open!! Can someone walk me through what I have to do just to get it open. I have removed all the screws that I can see, but it is still catching or being held by something in a...

Unwanted backup(?) files/"ghost" files [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have been getting these strange files that activate when I open Microsoft word documents. They are like shadow files. And also they appear in My Photo section too. Here is some information I have copied from the property boxes of the files. I have done virus scans on these "ghost"...

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

Files opening with search [ 11 Answers ]

When I click on a file in my documents it does not open. But the search panel comes up.

View more questions Search