Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pamela1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 04:02 PM
    I want to add husband to property deed
    I would like to know if there is a form and on which site that my husband and I can fill out to file with the county adding his name to the deed. We bought the house together and put it in my name only. We would now like to add his name. Is it necessary to go to a title company or attorney to do so? We realize that we will have to pay the county to record the deed. Thank you for your help. Pamela
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2007, 05:25 AM
    Hello pamela:

I think a title company can do it just fine.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 16, 2007, 05:31 AM
    There is no paper to "file" you have to get a new deed written that will show the other person being added to the deed.

While a person who knows how to do it can do it, if you don't, you are risking messing up the deed to your property if you do it wrong.

So yes, if you have to ask the question how do you do it, you need to use a title company or real estate attorney

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it best to add my name to the deed [ 3 Answers ]

Both my parents' names are listed on the deed. My father is deceased, my mother (82 yrs old) is in a nursing home. Taxes are owed on the property. I & my family presently live in the home, I am in the process of catching up the property taxes. What are the ramifications of having my deceased...

How Can A Owner Of A Property Add Someone To Their Deed [ 1 Answers ]

I live in orlando fla I would like to know how can I as the home owner add someone to my deed. What forms do I need to use. I know already that I have to know the pay off my mortgage before I can so this I have requested this information. If anyone nows in this area can they give me a quicl...

Add my name on my husband deed [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Philadelphia, PA and married for about 3 years. I want to add my name on my husband deed (he wanted me to do that too). How do we do it?

How do I add my husband to my deed [ 0 Answers ]

I live in California and I want to add my husband onto my house deed. My home is in my name and it is also in my own trust. I created my trust that says my husband gets my entire trust if living when I die... he has his own trust as well. However, I still want to add his name to the deed. How...

Add my husband to the deed of my house [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know how I can add my husband to the deed of my house. Thanks, Judy

View more questions Search