Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dradis Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2012, 05:35 AM
    Servo or Spindles Use
    I'm looking to create a bit of moving art and need some advice from any experienced crafters / electronics.

Basically I wish to mount a small rotator arm on the back of a board, (so that the only thing visible from the front is the arm) and will need the ability to set it at certain constant speeds but have no idea what to get kit wise.

I've looked at some servos & kits but they all look to big to mount behind the board + they then need various things to set it up, such as on/off button, power source, controller nob.

Ideally, I want to mount the controls on the side of the boards wooden frame and for the rotator arm housing to be a maximum 1" away from the back of the board along with any mechanics to make it work.

The project also needs to be on a budget, max £15 / $20.

Any ideas on micro/mini kits available or build your own for noobs!

Cheers in advance,

Check out some similar questions!

What is servo motors? [ 0 Answers ]

What is servo motors?types of servo motors with block diagram.

Restaining a previously varnished stair banister and spindles [ 4 Answers ]

I want to change the color of my stair banister from natural varnish to a dark walnut that will match my floor. I plan to paint the spindles white. I have sanded the top of the railings and the base with a palm sander. I wiped the pieces down with a damp cloth twice, allowed it to dry well, then...

Servo motor [ 2 Answers ]

How does a DC servo motor work?

HELP with construction of handrail and spindles [ 3 Answers ]

I want to add 2x2x36 colonial spindles to a handrail... how do I.. 1.Attach these to the bottom and top rails so you can't see screws or nails and 2.What's the easiest way to attach these rails to the 4x4 posts? thanks folks for any help TommyP

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.