Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boozaro Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2012, 07:55 PM
    Kitchenaid dishwasher won't cycle
    KitchenAid Dishwasher KUDS02FRSS1 The machine fills with water when started and the spinning arms start to spray water. After a few minutes, the washer drains and starts to make an odd humming sounds until the very end. The dishes come out with a film/stains on them like soap was dispensed but never completely rinsed off. There's even a bit of dried on soap stained on the door as if it dripped down and then was dried on during the drying cycle. We have a functioning water softener. We use Jet Dry, and I've recently run vinegar and OJ concentrate through the machine.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2012, 09:15 PM
    There should be 3 fill and drain cycles. Pre wash, wash and rinse unless you hold the rinse cycle. The DW should fill, run and drain 3 times. Are you saying you only get 1 cycle?

Dec 29, 2012, 09:43 PM
    Yes, it fills in the beginning, then runs for a few minutes. If I open the door, water sprays everywhere, so it's obvious the arms are turning and spraying water.

Then after those few minutes, the wash cycle stops, then I just get a "strange" noise from the machine for the remainder of the time it's running. If I open the machine during this time, the bottom is empty - no water. Nothing seems to be happening.

It finally shuts off (about 1 hour or however long the total cycle is) and steam comes out and everything is dry.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2012, 09:54 PM
    Sounds like your control panel or timer is faulty. Is it a touch pad or turn timer and how old is the unit?

Dec 29, 2012, 09:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Sounds like your control panel or timer is faulty. Is it a touch pad or turn timer and how old is the unit?
    The dishwasher is about 5 years old. Maybe. We've had technicians out at least 6 times to repair other issues.

It has a touch pad on the top of the door.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ge dishwasher won't complete cycle [ 0 Answers ]

I have a ge profile D/W, model gsd4230x66ww. It used to sometimes run complete cycle and others stop advancing during rinse cycle. Now will not complete cycle at all. Any thoughts? Thanks for any input, Dennis

Dishwasher won't cycle, I turn it on but it does nothing [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my dishwasher on it does nothing. The clean light blinks but nothing happens

Sears Ultra Dishwasher Won't Spray on Wash Cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Sears Ultra Dishwasher that just stopped spraying on the wash cycle. Everything seems to work except there's no water spraying through the arms when the wash cycle is active. There is water in the bottom and the drain cycle works fine, too. Does this have an obvious answer? Thanks for any...

Dishwasher won't go through complete cycle [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a kitchen aid dishwasher model kudc25chss1 about 7years old, it won’t complete a cycle, it fills up runs for a second, empties out and repeats the same was for the next cycles. Before I replace the processor board I want to know if it could be another problem. Or is it in the processor...

View more questions Search