Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    countrygalsrt Posts: 78, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2012, 11:45 AM
    Religion! Stand still and let God move!
    I have been going through a lot of things... with my mom and real dad getting a divorce and more! My sister died when I was 9 years old! My life has been nothing! Until... I accepted GOD into my heart and soul! But, I have lately been doing things I shouldn't be doing! All I can think of to do is pray! But... I have been getting told God won't help and you just need to stop being a CHRISTIAN! I look at them and say I will pray for you and walk off... the DEVIL has lately been pulling me away and telling me to not believe in God! Like I said all I can do is pray! Is there any other thing you guys think I could do?
    xTiffanyx Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Dec 29, 2012, 12:01 PM
    Hi there, its tiffany
    First of all what religon are you??
    Ok so you should ask 4 help. Go to your local holy place (mosque,temple,church,synagoge
    Whatever your religon is) and talk to someone like the mosque would have an iman a church would have a preist.

Try talking to them explain what your going through.

Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK
    May god bless you

Dec 29, 2012, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xTiffanyx View Post
    hi there, its tiffany
    First of all what religon are you???
    Ok so you should ask 4 help. Go to your local holy place (mosque,temple,church,synagoge
    whatever your religon is) and talk to someone like the mosque would have an iman a church would have a preist.

Try talking to them explain what your going through.

hope this helps and GOOD LUCK
    may god bless you
    Thanks, I go to a church and I have talked to my preacher and he told me to just pray about it and he said he was going to keep me in his prayers! Once again, THANKS your advise means a lot! Any and every little thing helps!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 29, 2012, 01:59 PM
    Think before you act or speak to give Good Orderly Direction time to calm your angers and frustrations. Then you can do the right things for yourself, and make better choices and decisions about what you say and do, no matter what anyone else is saying and doing, or the things that life is putting you through.

Its so easy to give into bad feelings and we all struggle for self control and try to stay cool, calm, collected, and in control of ourselves even when we are having a bad day. Or others are having a bad day.

Dec 29, 2012, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Think before you act or speak to give Good Orderly Direction time to calm your angers and frustrations. Then you can do the right things for yourself, and make better choices and decisions about what you say and do, no matter what anyone else is saying and doing, or the things that life is putting you thru.

Its so easy to give into bad feelings and we all struggle for self control and try to stay cool, calm, collected, and in control of ourselves even when we are having a bad day. Or others are having a bad day.
    Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2012, 05:16 AM
    Pick better friends, and find ones that also believe in God.

Dec 30, 2012, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Pick better friends, and find ones that also believe in God.
    Thanks! I do need to start picking better friends! But the good thing is all of my CLOSE friends go to church and believe I can do better! But you know it's better to have one friend then none! I have like 10 friends that go to church and then maybe 4 or 5 that don't go to church but they don't cuss or any other bad thang... But I have about 8 friends that do cuss and other bad thangs!

Dec 30, 2012, 10:28 AM
    Religion! Stand Still and Let God Move!
    To all the people who gave me advise on my other post... Thanks for your advise! This morning at church I asked God to forgive me for all my sin and for all my wrong deeds! I also rededicated my life! You know I might be 12 years old but I have to do the things of the BIBLE! For one reason is because tomorrow is not promised and without him as your salvation you most likely want go to heaven! Yes, I know I shall not judge but without being saved you want go to heaven! I have a question though! Do you guys know of any place for my youth group at church go to for helping? We are trying to get a mission trip up for the New Years but we so far don't have a good place to go and help!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 30, 2012, 10:38 AM
    I hope you have an adult sponsor or adviser to guide you young people to the right types of places,and activities that are safe and acceptable, and age appropriate. An adult would have a better grasp of who to talk to about your ideas and how to go about setting such a project up.

A bake sale or presentation for a good cause is a better idea I think than going somewhere and volunteering time or efforts. Supervised by an adult of course.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2012, 10:40 AM
    I think the other thread - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...-724821-3.html - calls this thread into question.

It's all about the attention and need to argue. Just my humble opinion, of course.

And isn't this more about religion than family/people?

Dec 30, 2012, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I hope you have an adult sponsor or adviser to guide you young people to the right types of places,and activities that are safe and acceptable, and age appropriate. An adult would have a better grasp of who to talk to about your ideas and how to go about setting such a project up.

A bake sale or presentation for a good cause is a better idea I think than going somewhere and volunteering time or efforts. Supervised by an adult of course.
    Yes, we have an adult to do this! But I was wondering what yall's ideas would be! We have been thinking about a food drive for Russia! Because I am Russian! I know people that live there that are going trough a hard time! Also in my community! We are just wanting some good ideas!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2012, 10:44 AM
    I am a Christian, and praise you for your rededication to Christ. As another stated, this should be an adult-guided helping of others. An church adult, or your Pastor, Minister, etc, can find someone who needs your help, and would be willing to go with you. I do wish you the best, and may God Bless and Keep you Safe.

Dec 30, 2012, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I think the other thread - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...-724821-3.html - calls this thread into question.

It's all about the attention and need to argue. Just my humble opinion, of course.

And isn't this more about religion than family/people?
    ?? Yea it is more religion but I could find one about religion so I put it under family/people! How does that call this into question? I was just upset yesterday and also I don't need the attention and I don't want to argue with know one! (Hope this don't sound like I am getting an attitude!)

Quote Originally Posted by fredg View Post
    I am a Christian, and praise you for your rededication to Christ. As another stated, this should be an adult-guided helping of others. An church adult, or your Pastor, Minister, etc, can find someone who needs your help, and would be willing to go with you. I do wish you the best, and may God Bless and Keep you Safe.
    Thanks a lot! Yes, I know I was basically wondering what some opinions would be! Thanks again!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2012, 02:01 PM
    At Thanksgiving, the high school teens in my town organized (through their school, with teachers' help) a food drive for our local food pantries that are desperately in need of refilling. The students went to many homes and hung a smallish plastic grocery bag (like from Walmart) on each door handle. Inside the bag was a flyer asking the homeowner to please put some canned soups or canned tuna or canned fruit/vegetables or boxed Jello mix or cake mix or muffin mix (there was a list of approved foods -- nothing fresh or baked/cooked). None of the foods could have an expired date on them; all had to be easily usable.

At the bottom of the flyer in big print were the instructions to put the filled bag back on the door handle or on the porch in plain view by 8 a.m. on a certain day, and one of the high schoolers would pick it up that particular morning. And that's what happened! Our community benefited, and it made all workers and contributors feel proud and happy (plus it filled up the food pantries!).

My son has gone to Haiti on church mission trips to help rebuild a church and school. He was glad to be able to help, but he and other church members wondered why they went to Haiti (and spent money to get passports and plane tickets) when there are many needs in our own country and even in our own state and communities. This year his church group will expand and do helpful things here in our country as well as in Haiti.

There are many things to do in your own community. Besides the food drives, we now have a group of older students who, with adult help, have opened up a tutoring clinic at the public library. In that good-deed effort, no money has been spent and everyone benefits!

Dec 30, 2012, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    At Thanksgiving, the high school teens in my town organized (through their school, with teachers' help) a food drive for our local food pantries that are desperately in need of refilling. The students went to many homes and hung a smallish plastic grocery bag (like from Walmart) on each door handle. Inside the bag was a flyer asking the homeowner to please put some canned soups or canned tuna or canned fruit/vegetables or boxed Jello mix or cake mix or muffin mix (there was a list of approved foods -- nothing fresh or baked/cooked). None of the foods could have an expired date on them; all had to be easily usable.

At the bottom of the flyer in big print were the instructions to put the filled bag back on the door handle or on the porch in plain view by 8 a.m. on a certain day, and one of the high schoolers would pick it up that particular morning. And that's what happened! Our community benefited, and it made all workers and contributors feel proud and happy (plus it filled up the food pantries!).

My son has gone to Haiti on church mission trips to help rebuild a church and school. He was glad to be able to help, but he and other church members wondered why they went to Haiti (and spent money to get passports and plane tickets) when there are many needs in our own country and even in our own state and communities. This year his church group will expand and do helpful things here in our country as well as in Haiti.

There are many things to do in your own community. Besides the food drives, we now have a group of older students who, with adult help, have opened up a tutoring clinic at the public library. In that good-deed effort, no money has been spent and everyone benefits!
    Thanks for the idea! My youth director just e-mailed me and said we were doing the thing for Russia and maybe Ukraine. It's amazing on how we can help them people and it seems to a lot of people like it's know biggy but it is because it means a lot to us and the people of that place!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2012, 02:34 PM
    Just be sure the people need the things you plan to provide. For instance, there's a KIND fund to give African kids desks to sit at in school so they don't have to sit on the schools' dirt floors. Another African project is to send colorful and simple machine-sewn dresses to little girls who otherwise had no clothes or wore strips of cloth. There may be needs that Russian children have that need to be filled, so I hope the adults do their homework!

Dec 30, 2012, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Just be sure the people need the things you plan to provide. For instance, there's a KIND fund to give African kids desks to sit at in school so they don't have to sit on the schools' dirt floors. Another African project is to send colorful and simple machine-sewn dresses to little girls who otherwise had no clothes or wore strips of cloth. There may be needs that Russian children have that need to be filled, so I hope the adults do their homework!
    Well I have Russian in me and my Great-Grandma knows a church and a school not to far from were she lives that are in need of a lot of things so we are going to help with that! Also thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is religion above God? [ 6 Answers ]

Assalam aalaikum, I do believe in one God but not in any religion and am completely against it. I feel religions make people stand against each other, make them compare and each one tries to prove and show that their religion is the best.

Science Vs. Religion (GOD) continued: GOD created man in his own image. [ 145 Answers ]

K, so we can argue till the cows come home, about this but there is a lot of good feed back from the last one I had, I like to hear others ideas. I"m going to simplify this one though, to avoid loosing the topic. Lets go with the idea that some scientific professionals believe that...

Where do you stand on God? [ 49 Answers ]

Do you believe in the Virgin Birth or the notion that Mary rose into heaven without dying? The New Atheist. “Three writers have sounded a call to arms. They are Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, and Daniel Dennett” Dawkins is perfectly aware that atheism is an ancient doctrine and that little of...

View more questions Search