Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    countrygalsrt Posts: 78, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2012, 11:00 AM
    Teen life!
    Does anyone have an idea of what I should do about my monthly being ever two months and then every month? It's weird because I talked to mom about it and she said it was fine! But now it's getting weirder and more off track! I also talked to my doctor and she said she was going to put me on birth control pills and I was like but that has nothing to do with my monthly not being on track and my mom said she wasn't going to take me to a different doctor! Do any of you guys have an idea on what I should do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 29, 2012, 11:03 AM
    Birth control pills will regulate your period and "force" it to occur once a month, so yes, pills will help a lot.

Dec 29, 2012, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Birth control pills will regulate your period and "force" it to occur once a month, so yes, pills will help a lot.
    But the thing is I am kind of young for birth control pills I'm 12! I don't know a single 12 year old that's on birth control! It stinks though because we are on vacation and I can't actually enjoy it because of my period! I have already had it earlier this month! :( Like last night we went skateboarding and I couldn't enjoy it because I was worried sick I wasn't going to have a thick enough pad on!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 29, 2012, 11:20 AM
    If you take BC pills you don't tell ANYONE. Not even your best friend.
    If you don't want to take them, then you have to accept your irregular periods. Some teens start this way, some don't, but I think in general they get more regular with age.
    As for filling up pads too fast, see if you can get a tampon in. That way you can hold onto the string and insert a second or even third, and use a pad.
    There's no reason to be worried sick. Bring extra pads and go somewhere to change!
    I know, I remember, when you are 12 everything is super important. Plus you don't want to be different. I got my period at 11, first one of all my friends, and I was very upset. Not even sure why, 65 years later!

Dec 29, 2012, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    If you take BC pills you don't tell ANYONE. Not even your best friend.
    If you don't want to take them, then you have to accept your irregular periods. Some teens start out this way, some don't, but I think in general they get more regular with age.
    As for filling up pads too fast, see if you can get a tampon in. That way you can hold onto the string and insert a second or even third, and use a pad.
    There's no reason to be worried sick. Bring extra pads and go somewhere to change!
    I know, I remember, when you are 12 everything is super important. Plus you don't want to be different. I got my period at 11, first one of all my friends, and I was very upset. Not even sure why, 65 years later!
    My mom want let me use tampons! I started my period when I was 10! I was the only kid in my whole school that has started there period I was upset... I still get upset after two years! It's hard! Now that I am in 7th grade everything is kind of different but I think there is like two or three other girls in my grade that has started there period! It's kind of weird because there isn't many people who have! I guess other's develop faster then others!
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 29, 2012, 11:58 AM
    Consider having the doctor speak again to your mother. If your mom would realize that it's actually a hormone supplement you would be taking, maybe she would reconsider. I had a 3rd grade student taking them to regulate her cycle.

Dec 29, 2012, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Consider having the doctor speak again to your mother. If your mom would realize that it's actually a hormone supplement you would be taking, maybe she would reconsider. I had a 3rd grade student taking them to regulate her cycle.
    Thanks! Wow, a third grader! Mighty young!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 29, 2012, 12:58 PM
    The way some birth control meds work is by regulating hormonal balance to force your cycle to occur regularly. That is why they are prescribed for irregular cycles.

Dec 29, 2012, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    The way some birth control meds work is by regulating hormonal balance to force your cycle to occur regularly. That is why they are prescribed for irregular cycles.
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Teen Life! [ 48 Answers ]

Why am I getting called a whore... When I have never had sex with anyone or any other thing like that? I don't understand it! Any advise?

Multiple Problems. Teen Life Become 2 Much. [ 6 Answers ]

Im Not Saying Im The Only One. But I Being Only 14 Have A Very Pressured Life. Friends Yelling. Parents Starting 2 Not Trust Me. Mom Accusing Me Of Doing Drugs. Not.] Teachers Giving 2 Much Work 2 Do In So Little Time. Guys Driving Me Crazy. Hatred For Things I Didn't Even Do. Im Very Much...

Teen life trouble [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I'm having trouble being a teen. I'm bisexual and I think I'm in love. I know teens say that a lot but this is for real. The problem is he's gay, and he my best friend. But I know he is the one. He knows I like him and he's everything to me. I don't know what to do. Why is being a teen...

Celebrities effect on teen's life. [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I'm just making a survey about celebrities influences on teens.. So my question is: 1. do celebrities affect teenager's life? If yes, how? 2. are they good or bad models? I want your opinion guys!! THANKS BY THE WAY! :D

View more questions Search