Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paw04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Trigonometric Equation
    Why is it if you entered in the calculator 2 in second function of sine, it's answer was error?Is it the same for cosine=2 and tangent=2?
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Mar 15, 2007, 03:45 PM
    Assuming that the second function of sine is the arcsine (inverse of the sine function, often written as sin^-1 even though it is not equal to 1/sin), then it gives an error because the value of the sine function is always between -1 and 1. The same is true of cosine, but not tangent. The tangent can have any real number for its value.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

An Equation [ 2 Answers ]

I worked out this equation: Ca(CH3COO)2(aq) + H2SO4(aq) ---> CaSO4 (s) + CH3COOH(aq) Is it correct? i.e.. Are the products right?

Word equation as chemical equation and balance [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with these. I don't get it.:confused: Aluminum bromide + chlorine yield aluminum chloride +bromine Potassium chlorate when heated yields potassium chloride + oxygen gas Hydrogen +nitrogen monoxide yield water + nitrogen

Equation [ 1 Answers ]

what the answer for x2-4=0 use a graph to estimate the solutions of the equiation

Trigonometric ratios [ 1 Answers ]

Prove that (cot a+cosec a)^2=(1+cos a)/(1-cos a)

Trigonometric function [ 1 Answers ]

Please, I don't understand vector. I don't know how to solve or use it. :'( here are the question that I need help on. 1. Vector A points along the +y axis and has a magnitude of 100.00 units. Vector B points at an angle of 60.0 degrees above the + x axis and has a magnitude of 200.0 units....

View more questions Search