Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 28, 2012, 09:15 PM
    The lawyer isn't really a lawyer. He's using that title to scam you as well.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2012, 09:17 PM
    Yes, the dating and money scams from Ghana is well known, this is a version of the check or money order scam used for work at home programs,
    Expert

Dec 28, 2012, 09:19 PM
    If you have that much money, I could use about $200 for college textbooks for my daughter, and THAT wouldn't be a scam! ;)
    Charlie420 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2012, 09:19 PM
    Thanks everyone for your help with this and I had a bad feeling about it but wanted to make sure. They try to make me fell bad because I can't help them when all try want to do is scam me screw that mess

Dec 28, 2012, 09:23 PM
    So everything is a lie and fake the passports and the lawyers pay stubs all of it
    Expert

Dec 28, 2012, 09:25 PM
    All of it's a lie! Every word of it, every document, every photo.

Dec 28, 2012, 09:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Yes, the dating and money scams from Ghana is well known, this is a version of the check or money order scam used for work at home programs,
    So is it really that easy to fake passports
    Expert

Dec 28, 2012, 09:30 PM
    Very easy actually. Have you heard of PhotoShop?
    Expert

Dec 28, 2012, 09:32 PM
    Yes, photo shop is wonderful,

I got a tour of one of the "dating" scam places, they have IT workers, they buy some passports from pretty girls for some real passports. They hire some pretty girls using dozens of names on dozens of fake passports, to use for video calls and the such.

If a person pushes for video, they will say they lied on real photos, but the girl you get on video will often be prettier.

They have a large office area, with workers working all three shifts, that pretty girl is often a grandmother, or a man, you never know. They keep copies of all past talks, and have scripts they use.

A real attorney could easily just get the money sent to them, by bank check from US even.

The banks in Ghana are just as modern and some are even connected to some US banks.

And example, my US bank, and I live in China, I can use my US ATM card in any machine anywhere in China.

I can transfer money from US bank to china in 2 hours by electronic bank transfer
    Expert

Dec 28, 2012, 09:34 PM
    Yes, and can't even find the difference on most of them. For the photo copy,

They made one for me, to show me ( they are very proud of this) they took my photo and made me one with a funny name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Money sent overseas [ 1 Answers ]

I am an alien resident working on h-1. I did transferred around $30k overseas to my parents for their medical expenses and also paying my educational loan. Do I need to report to IRS.

Sending money to ghana [ 6 Answers ]

I have been trying to send money to ghana to get my financee home but western union nor money gram will let me. Is there some other way to send money

Sending money abroad [ 1 Answers ]

I am a US resident (on work visa so considered a resident for tax purposes) and I want to send some money to my parents in India. The money will an interest free loan to help them out and they will probably pay it back in a year or two. Do I have to pay tax if I send in excess of the exempt amount?...

Am I subject to gift tax for sending money to family relatives that live overseas [ 1 Answers ]

How much money can my wife, who is a permanent resident alien, and I, a U.S. citizen, send to my wife's sister who is a Chinese citizen without being subjected to the gift tax?

View more questions Search