Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Big Clapper 44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2012, 08:13 PM
    Wife had affair now what?
    This is a very sad and long story. My wife and I have been together since 1992. We were married in 1994. Very shortly after our marriage in '94, I found out that she'd cheated on me while we were engaged with someone whom she had a strong connection to prior to my coming into the picture. When I found out I freaked out and would have left if not for the embarrassment we both wuld have endured (1 month into the marriage). Fast forward to 2009.

This person had reconnected with my wife on Facebook. I found out and was surprised and upset, but tried to be rational, she assured me that they were just friends.

Now fast forward to 2012... My wife and I split this fall, but I've been under the assumption that we were going to reconcile. I've very recently (today) found out that my wife had a physical and emotional affair with this person from 2009 until 2011, and tried to get him back after he dumped her.

What do I do? I want to reconcile and put the past in the past and move forward.
    countrygalsrt Posts: 78, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2012, 08:18 PM
    Sorry to hear! I hope things get better for you hun! I would say to move on but you have been together for a while so it will be HARD! Stay STRONG!
    Big Clapper 44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2012, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by countrygalsrt View Post
    Sorry to hear! I hope things get better for you hun! I would say to move on but yall have been together for a while so it will be HARD! Stay STRONG!
    It is a very tough place to be right now. I've been trying so hard to improve the areas that I need to make better in my life for my kids and wife, now I find this.. actually, I've subconsciously known all along I think... and when I look back at our relationship, when her affair started is about the same time that our marriage started to fall apart.. go figure! I just want to do my best to try to get things back on track
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 28, 2012, 08:26 PM
    Of course you want her back. You are in love. Hurt betrayed but in love. So is she, hurt and dumped but in love with him. NOT you. That means divorce her and heal your hurt. I mean how much cheating can a guy take? Sorry guy, I don't see this ever working for you. Or your kids.
    countrygalsrt Posts: 78, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2012, 08:34 PM
    Again I am sorry! My mom and dad got divorsed when I was 4 years old! I am afraid to tell my mom I want my real dad to be apart of my life because she will probably say know! But... One day I will grow up and decide my own decisions! But I wish the best for you and you kids!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My wife affair [ 4 Answers ]

We married in the year 1998.. having 2 daughters.. recently I came to know, that my wife is having serious online affair since last 8 months with unmarried boy.. I saw the message archieve and saw the dicussion on sex and others.. hear the kisses on voice messages... she was connected with him on...

Wife had an affair [ 7 Answers ]

Dear Friends, Just yesterday I found out that my wife had an affair with a colleague of hers. In her email I found sexually charged messages depicting their activities. It's the absolute worst feeling to ever have, to have in a split sec the perception of all that you thought your world was...

Wife having an affair [ 15 Answers ]

I've noticed for a couple of months now that my wife has been pretty distant. She's not very close to me and our sex life isn't what it was and she blames it on gaining some weight and a stressful job. It seems as if we're just living to work. We're both very involved in our careers and make...

Wife is having an affair . [ 4 Answers ]

I feel cornered and don't know where To turn for help; my life is hell and torture day in day out. I really hope that somebody maybe will be able to Advice me what to do. Here is my story in a nutshell. My wife and I are married for 18 years, 2 kids. I suffered from depression for a number of...

View more questions Search