Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucas King Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2012, 04:12 PM
    Desktop
    Does a desktop PC get tired, when running maybe for 3 days ? I've been wondering that does it get tired, because I always switch it off every-night.
    Also does this switching on & off affect any parts inside? Thanks in advance
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Dec 28, 2012, 11:08 PM
    Depends on how much you use it...

If you use it now and again during the day, I would recommend leaving it on and switching it off at night. Leaving it on permanently will stress the components but not that much.

According to my knowledge, switching the unit on and off does not effect any parts inside, unless you do it like 20 times a day lol...

Dec 29, 2012, 12:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHillsSA View Post
    Depends on how much you use it...

If you use it now and again during the course of the day, I would recommend leaving it on and switching it off at night. Leaving it on permanently will stress the components but not that much.

According to my knowledge, switching the unit on and off does not effect any parts inside, unless you do it like 20 times a day lol...
    Lol... Not 20 times a day. But maybe 3-6 times , I love my PC I don't want trouble. I think you're right that I should turn it off at night & use it during the day. So do you run yours maybe for 2 days without switching it off? If so do u experience some changes maybe like running slowly,freezes etc..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 29, 2012, 12:36 AM
    Ours at work are left on 24/7/365 with no adverse effects.

Dec 29, 2012, 12:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Ours at work are left on 24/7/365 with no adverse effects.
    Maybe is that you don't Play games & watch movies. You only do office work, am I right ?
    Thanks anyway I shouldn't stress now. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 29, 2012, 12:44 AM
    No, I don't work in an office. We have special programs installed on our computers that run constantly that monitor the progress of our patients in labor & delivery and in the ER. They are running multiple programs at one time.

The ones that are not monitoring patients are used to play games and watch movies when we have no patients.

Dec 29, 2012, 12:56 AM
    All right, I see. Thanks Again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Desktop [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone tell me why my Dell XPS 400 which has been working fine for years all of a sudden won't load my personal settings. (Windows XP) It boots normally but when it says it's loading my personal setting after I put in my password, it shows a completely empty desktop. I mean only the...

Desktop [ 8 Answers ]

While trying to place a shortcut icon for eBay on my desktop, I selected the option to paste to desktop. Now I have a portion of the eBay home page on the desktop and I don't know how to remove it. Need advice please. Thanks.

Desktop [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks Could any one tell me how to stop My documents automatically opening when I start up my computer. :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search