Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnkarl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Usb recovery issue. Help!
    Hello..

I have a flash drive that I was coping stuff to last night ,and it was working fine ,but
    Today it asked to be formatted again,so I tried to recover my files off it by using "EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 5.6.1" once again ,but the drive didn't even show in the drives list this time!
    I tried "active File Recovery9.0" and it only recovered videos ,then when I insert the drive a message pups up that says "please insert disk into drive o:." should I format it and recover everything again or what? /i am using xp sp3/
    Thanks in advance...
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Dec 28, 2012, 09:49 PM
    Yup, do a quick format on it then run the recovery software.

If it does not want to format then the usb is most likely damaged.
    Maryann57658 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2013, 08:04 PM
    Perhaps, you have selected the wrong data recovery software.

As I know, there are countless data recovery programs available on the internet. But, not all of them could work as efficiently as we think, especially some fake ones. So, one is always asked to do much researching and make his decision reasonably.

If you still doubt, you may firstly take chances with some drive data recovery freeware online: Best 6 FREE Data Recovery Software with each tutorial to recover deleted data

Important note
    :
    Do not save anything new on this drive in case of data loss before you are ready to retrieve your data.

Do not forget to make data backups all the time in the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have an issue with a not dripping,but a running tub faucet. How to fix this issue ? [ 2 Answers ]

My name is Joey ,I have a faucet for my tub that is running , not just dripping . It's a three handle set up which consists of Hot + Shower diverter valve + Cold. The assembly is made by Gerber from what I can see . How or what can be done to fix this issue , killing my water bill.. I really do not...

What do I need to watch my usb my usb flash drive on a vcr with inputs [ 3 Answers ]

I want to whatch my avi files on my thumb drive through my old vcr that does have the audio video inputs. What can of converter do I need to purchase, or is there one?

Using a Zydas 1211b USB adapter with a USB Extension cord. [ 12 Answers ]

I just bought a Zydas 1211B USB WiFi adapter,but it came with no cord.It works fine when plugged directly into my laptop,but when I plug it into a 5ft usb extension cord Windows recognizes it,but I can pick up no signals that I normally can.Occasionally Windows acts reluctant to recognize it,any...

Windows recovery? Can I create a recovery partition? [ 4 Answers ]

I had to fix a computer for a friend. He got viruses on the computer and I have to do a destructive wipe and completely reinstall a fresh copy of windows. This is not the first time it happened and I am looking for a way to cut down the time it takes to fix this thing when it happens again in...

Microtek slimscan C6 USB connection issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Microtek SlimScan C6 USB which is unable to communicate with a Windows XP machine. I downloaded the installer from Microtek (the same one on all the driver sites). When I run the installer I am given 2 port choices 1) Parallel and 2) SCSI. Since the scanner is USB when the installer...

View more questions Search