Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vickie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2005, 09:48 PM
    Regaining custody after 11 years
    I have contacted an attorney to regain custody of my children after the grandparents having guardianship for 11 years. What would be my chances of winning this long emotional battle?
    rebeca Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2005, 01:10 PM
    Never mind who "wins"... what about your children and they are going to be affected by this? Maybe they're happy where they are and don't want to be ripped out of this "comfort zone" and made to start over elsewhere... Not saying you're wrong because I don't know your situation but really think about this. It's hard to do what's best for the children and not for the adults.
    vickie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2005, 01:38 PM
    I have had visitation with my children throughout the 11 years. We have been going to counseling together. My children explain to me that they want out of there. So I am following through on their wishes. There is physical and emotional abuse in the home. I only want the best for my children so I have done what they wanted.
    rebeca Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2005, 12:47 PM
    I understand and good for you...
    If you can prove that this is going on and your children are willing to testify to this to a judge... and unless you live in a compromising situation, then custody should be no problem. Good luck with that and feel free to email me anytime you just need to vent!

Rebecq

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regaining Custody of My Children [ 8 Answers ]

I, too am attempting to regain custody of my children. Mine, however is more of an economical "battle" in that my children were with me for 6 years following a divorce, but now after having to represent myself in Pro Per against my ex-husband's mother's ($$$ and) attorney I found to my surprise,...

Regaining custody [ 7 Answers ]

My ex done a lot of underhanded things over 3 yrs. Ago and he has custody of my two boys. I have been paying child support. They want to stay with me, he is a drug abuser among other things. He hacked into my email to delete some nasty emails he sent me. I printed them out before he deleted...

2 years MIA file for legal physical custody? [ 3 Answers ]

I just found out that it is possible for my daughters father to file for legal physical custody of my daughter who he has not seen in 2 and a half years and he is not on her birth certificate (as of yet-his choice)... he was emotionally abusive to me and has never respected her... even terrorized...

Regaining custod of my children from the state [ 6 Answers ]

The neighbor called the police on me and my ex-boyfriend. She claimed that she seen him beating me up. So the police came and ran our names and come to find out I had 2 outstanding warrants for my arrest. One was for not returning video tapes that I had rented. And the other one was for back...

View more questions Search